Why Does It Hurt?

Yas

°Alice¶~

°Alice¶~

°You and Alice knew each other and you two were great friends. You were never really bothered by her powers, bloodthirst and her often eating centipedes.

You found it rather funny. For such friendship, you two had matching bracelets. Hers was white, reminding her of your eyes and yours was purple, reminding you of her robe. Everyone feared Alice, except you.

But unfortunately, faith wasn't gonna be with you all the time.

It was going well on a Tuesday afternoon, just casually going out of the P.E. class back to Alice's room.

Passing the merely empty halls that were illuminated by the soft orange pinkish light from the setting sun, you were excited on seeing Alice again in her room to read.

As your footsteps lightly echoed the empty halls you accidentally bumped into someone. You looked up and saw your Spanish teacher, miss Thavel. "oh, miss Thavel, my apo-" you were cut off by her lifting up a paper.

Your exam paper. With an F circled in the corner. You froze, beads of sweat forming and rolling down your skin. Thavel gave a sadistic and maniac like grin, showing off the two sharp lines of her teeth.

You started progressively backing off, step by step, the same look of horror on your face. She ripped the paper sheet with her black, claw like hands. And she started approaching you, her steps getting progressively faster as she approached.

Without wasting any time, you turned around and started running down the endless halls, trying to get to the exit doors. Thavel was following right behind. You grabbed a nearby book, throwing it at her to slow her down.

One swish of her claws and the book was torn mid air. You kept running. Your breath going short. Finally reaching the big exit doors, you tried opening them. Locked.

The doors were locked.

This was it. You were cornered.

Thavel made one final charge and her claws gaushe through your flesh, going all the way through. You didn't even have time to scream as your throat got sliced open.

But the Spanish teacher didn't stop. She kept her brutal massacre going. Slash after slash, the exit door was dripping in blood.

I'm sorry Alice your last thoughts were as your body got demolished by miss Thavel.

I'm so.. Sorry..

Alice was getting impatient. You were supposed to arrive almost two hours ago. Going out if her room and darkening her path, she smelled something.

Blood.

Her anxiety grew. She started sprinting towards the scent, passing more and more students, meaning something was up. She ran through the crowd of teachers who let her pass, same horrified expressions on their faces.

The students weren't doing any better, eyeing on something on the ground. Once Alice approached the situation from better view, she froze.

The entire world around her broke down. Dissappeared. Her usually smirking and joyful face of a dominant school demonic princess replaced with... Emptyness.

Grief, anger, sadness and guilt scattered around her mind. Eating her up more than her demonic side.

Staring at your massacred body. Limbs and organs splittered around the floor. She dropped on her knees as she saw a purple bracelet that was soaked in blood of her now dead friend.

Tears started rolling down her face. She clutched on the bracelet tight. Uncontrollable sobs filled the room as Oliver struggled to drag her away from the body.

"let me go. LET ME GO!! I NEED TO BE WITH THEM!! NO!! LET ME GO!! PLEASE!!" She'd scream. Each one of her pleas getting progressively more possessed of her shadowy side as tears kept rolling down.

Kicking her limbs around trying to get out of Olivers grasp she cried loudly. She eventually got tired of struggling and cried into Olivers chest.

"why does it hurt... WHY DOES IT HURT... WHY..." She kept repeating through sobs. Her hand still clutching onto the only memory of her friend, the purple bracelet.

Word count: 665