The June Rain

Yes.

°Skell¶~

You knew Skell by your friend Ruby from math class. He always seemed like a shady guy. Like one of them emo dudes back in 2000s. But, honestly? You always thought his style was actually pretty nice.

You two would always share a word or two, even laugh at Skells dark sense of humor. You even exchanged numbers after finding out he moved in your neighbourhood.

As you two walked down the street back home something fell on your head, a raindrop.

You looked up and noticed how the clouds were going grey as it slowly started to rain. Neither of you had an umbrella and you heard Skell curse under his breath.

Your pace quickened a bit as the rain started pouring, getting your and his hair wet. The fur on his tail was getting soaked too.

You then felt something block the rain from falling on your head. You look up and saw Skells wing (I think he has a wing) hover above you to block out the rain.

Your gaze shifted back to Skell and you noticed how his face was turned away from you. "I don't want you to get cold." he murmured.

"But what about you?" you asked, your tone shifting to slight concern.

"Don't worry about me."

Your brows knit together in doubt but you didn't push it. Skell now did feel a little cold tho and he could tell that you felt the same, judging by how you hugged your trembling body to warm it up.

You both weren't wearing anything long. Both of you in shorts and t-shirts. June rains were a bit chillier than usual.

Skell took a deep breath, rethinking whether or not should he do this but he couldn't bare watching you tremble. He sighed and brought you closer to him, wrapping his arm and wing around you. Your soaking bodies pressed against each other felt actually warm.

You blushed but snuggled closer to him as you both walked. You noticed his usually gloomy looking face gained a tinge of red too and you giggled.

He escorted you home and, before you opened your front door, you turned back to Skell with your usual smile tugging the corners of your lips.

He always commented your smile as shinning like a sun so he blushed a bit more. "Thanks for escorting me home and... Well... Keeping me warm." you said, rubbing the back of your neck.

"It's fine. Really." he said, shrugging, trying to play it cool. You giggled a bit "Wanna come inside and get you warm? Just until the rain passes." you suggested.

Skell thought for a moment before nodding.

Word count: 447