12

"Baby, Baby, Baby. Ooh-"

"Noooooo" I yell as I cover my ears and glare at Gabe, who's playing "Baby" by "Justin Beiber", off of his phone and doubled over, laughing at my reaction. "Turn. It. Off!"

"No. It's too funny." He tells me in between laughs.

I squeeze my ears with my hands to try to block out the stupid song. "La-la la-la la-la I can't hear this song. La-la la-la"

Gabe comes closer to me and turns up his phone volume. "Can you hear it now, Jen?" He yells in my ear.

When he gets close enough to me, I knock the phone out of his hand with my elbow, It crashes down on the ground, and breaks in half.

"My phone!" He yells at the same time I yell. "It stopped!"

He looks up slowly from the ground, to where I am and gives me a death glare. "You're paying for that." He tells me in his 'Serious' voice.

I shake my head. "No I'm not. It's your fault."

He gives me a look that says. "You're crazy". "How is it my fault." He says slowly. "You're the one who destroyed it."

"But, you're the one who was torturing me! You know I hate that song, and you played it anyway!"

He takes a step towards me. "Jennie Kim. You broke my phone, and you are paying for it."

I push my glasses up, and cross my arms over my chest. "No."

He sighs and runs his hand through his hair. "Yes, you are."

"No."

"Yes."

"No. I'm not."

"Yes, you are, Jennie."

"Gabriel, I am not paying for your phone. You know I'm saving up for a car, so I don't have to ride the dirty, disgusting bus anymore. I can not afford a phone." I tell him then sits down on the bed.

Gabe sighs through his nose. "What's my Mom going to say about this? You know this is my fourth phone this year. She's going to kill me." He starts pacing.

My eyes softens. "I'm sorry. I would if I could."

He doesn't say anything, just keeps pacing.

"Gabe, please don't wear a hole in my floor!" My Mom yells from downstairs.

Gabe stops pacing and turns towards me. "I hate your Mom."

I smile. "I know."

He smiles and sits down on the bed next to me. "So, when are you meeting with Taehyung, to work on your project?"

Gabe always does this. He will go to mad, to happy in ten seconds. I know no matter how mad I make him, we'll always be friends. Though I'm not one to push him.

I shrug. "I don't know. He hasn't talked to me about that yet."

Gabe smiles his evil smile that I hate. "Yes, he's been talking about asking you out."

I groan. "Please, not this again!"

He stretches out on my bed. "Yes, this again. Has he talked to you anymore since what you told me last?"

"Are you secretly a girl?" I ask him.

He starts laughing. "No, I'm not a girl. But, I'm the closest thing you have to a girl friend, so I have to be that for you."

"Wow. Thanks for telling me I have no friends." I tell him and stand up off the bed. He grabs my wrist and stops me from moving any farther.

"Jen, I didn't mean it like that. I just meant that since Monica has left, you haven't made any new friends, and I have to be that for you."

I sigh and push up my glasses. "It's okay. I know I'm a nerd and don't have any friends. You don't have to make that up, just to make me feel better."

"Jennie, look at me."

I shake my head, refusing to look at his puppy dog eyes.

"Nini..." He says warningly. "Look at me right now."

I meet his sincere gaze. "You are not a nerd. You got that? You are an awesome person, that anyone would be lucky to be your friend."

I smile a small smile and try not to let my tears overflow. "And you are a great friend too."

He rolls his eyes playfully and smiles. "Nah, I'm not...Okay I'm the best friend anyone has ever had. And the best looking one too!" He starts showing off his arm muscles.

I start laughing. "Gabe, if your head gets any bigger, you won't be able to fit through my door."

He puts his hand on his chest pretended like he was hurt. "My head is not big, Nini. How dare you say that."

I laugh harder and push his shoulder. "You really know how to cheer me up."

He smiles and puts me in a headlock. "Because, you're my little sister."

"Hey!" I yell and try to wiggle out of his grasp. "Gabriel, Let me go now! "

He holds me tighter. "Nope, not until you say sorry for saying I have a big head."

"Let me go Gabe!" I squeal.

"Nope." I could just hear the smirk in his voice.

"Fine. I'm sorry I said you have a big head. Now, let me go!"

"What's going on in there?" I hear Mom yell.

Gabe lets me go and we both say at the same time. "Nothing!"

Mom opens my door and walks in. "Can you both be quiet? You are too loud. Especially you, Jennie."

I bow my head. "Sorry, Mom. We'll try to be more quite."

She walks out, leaving the door open.

As soon as the coast is clear, we both start cracking up laughing.

"Oh, your Mom is so mean, Jen." He says after his laughter fit is over.

I shrug. "That is not her worst."

Gabe shakes his head and lays back down. I lay down next to him and stare at the ceiling.

"I miss Matt." I say quietly.

"I know." Is all he says.

"I miss Monica."

He sighs and puts his arm around me in a friendly gesture. "I miss her too, Jen. But, there's nothing we can do."

I sigh and relax my body against his. "I know."

I feel him take his arm out from around me and sit up. "I have to go now, Nini. My Mom told me to be home at five, and it's five thirty."

I don't move and nod my head. "Okay. Bye."

I hear him mumble a "Bye." And leave my room, while I lay here wishing that I could go home with him.