47

~Jennie's P.O.V.~

It's silent for a few minutes, but I'm the one who breaks it.

"What happened to your eye?"

I see him straiten up and I can tell that he's surprised that I spoke...I actually am surprised myself.

"Accident." He says, shrugging.

"Accident? What kind of accident?"

Taehyung is silent for a while before glancing behind him to look at me. "Why do you care?"

Yeah, why do I care?

"That's what I thought." He says after I don't respond.

I sigh, and stare down at my hands.

Taehyung shifts in his chair, then he stands up and walks over to Mr. Hammond's desk.

"What are you doing?" I ask him.

He doesn't reply to me, but he picks up the paper that Mr. Hammond's was reading.

"Don't touch that." I hate being the 'Goody-Goody', but what if Mr. Hammond's comes in?

"You're not my Mom." Taehyung mumbles, then picks up another piece of paper that's on the desk.

For some reason, that strikes a match inside of me, and I stand up. "No, but if Mr. Hammond's comes in here, you'll get in trouble."

Taehyung glances up at me, and smirks, then looks back down. "What if that's the point?"

What? "You...Want to get in trouble?"

He shrugs and doesn't say anything.

"Taehyung...You want to get in trouble?"

He still doesn't answer me, just continues to stare down at the paper.

"Taehyung!"

He looks up at me and blinks. "What?"

I shake my head and sit back down. If he wants to get in trouble, then let him be.

When I lay my head down on the table, I feel something...land on my head, and I reach my arm back and pat my head.

I feel something...Powdery...

I lift my head up and look at my hand.

My hand is white. I've got chalk powder all over my head. All over my head!

I let out a little scream, and hear Taehyung start crack up laughing.

"Taehyung!" I look at him and he's almost doubled over in laughter, with two chalk erasers in his hand. "That was not funny!"

"You...Should have seen...Your face!" He says in-between laughs.

I rise up out of my chair, forgetting all about the teacher that could come back any minute, and push Taehyung, causing him to fall against the desk behind him.

Normally, he probably wouldn't even budge, but since he wasn't paying attention, he fell back, his laughter ceasing.

Taehyung stares at me with his eyes wide in shock, and I stare back with my eyes wide. "Did...You just push me?"

"No, I ate a banana...Yes, I pushed you." I roll my eyes, and he stands up and he slowly walks towards me, and I take a step back away from him.

"You did not just push me." He tells me, his voice lower.

I cringe and take a step away from him again. "Y-yes. I did." He stops walking when he's right in front of me, and he leans down so that his face is right in front of my face. "Apologize."