44

~Jennie's P.O.V.~

The rest of the day ran long.

Taehyung disappeared sometime during the day, and I didn't see him until last period.

Gabe didn't show up for school, which is strange.

The only person who talked to me at all, besides the teachers, was Julia. And she was starting to get on my nerves.

"So, we should get our nails done." She looks at my nails with distaste. "Your nails are...Breaking."

I sigh and roll my eyes. This is the fourth time that she has told me this today. "My nails are fine, Julia."

She makes a huffing noise, and I close my locker. "Your nails are anything, but fine."

Honestly, I could care less about my nails. My priority is to get my life back to normal.

"Whatever." I pull my bag strap over my shoulder. "I can't go today. I'm busy. Maybe next week." I'm not really lying....I am busy....

I start walking away from her, and she catches up to me. "Well, what are you doing today?" Going to try to call Gabe and if he doesn't answer, I'm going to stalk him down. "My Grandma is coming over..She, um, wants to come over for dinner."

Now that's a lie. My Grandmother died before I was alive.

She flips her black hair over her shoulder. "Oh."

We both dodge a couple of guys who's in a wrestling match, and I start feeling bad about lying to her. "Maybe we can hang out tomorrow?"

Her brown eyes brighten up, and she smiles. "Awesome! We'll have a girls night, and do each others nails, our hair, and face! We'll have such fun!" I grimace thinking about it, and she rolls her eyes at me."It's not going to be bad."

Yeah right. "Okay."

She sighs, like I'm the most horrible person in the world, then she points to a shiny green Jeep. "My Mom's here. I'll see you tomorrow."

I nod my head and she gives me a quick hug, taking me by surprise. "Bye, Julia."

Julia smiles. "Bye-Bye." She waves then walks off.

I walk over to the stupid bus, walk to the back --trying to ignore all of the kids--, and I sit down in an empty seat. You see, our town is not big. In fact, it's so small, that the middle kids, and the high school kids, share the bus.

So, that means that I have little kids bugging me, all the time.

This is why I need a car.

"Hey." I hear someone whisper from behind me.

I turn around quickly.

No one's there.

That's strange.

So, I turn back around and pick up my bag, and start to pull my homework from English class out. That's the only good thing about the bus. I get to catch up on my homework.

"Hey." I hear again, but this time the voice is louder.

I grab my paper and turn around to see a familiar black haired, blue eyed guy, grinning at me, with his arms propped up on the back of my seat. "Eli?" I ask, my lips automatically pulling up into a smile. "What are you doing on here?"

I've never seen him on here before. As far as I knew, he has a car.

He puts his index finger on his lips. "Shhhh." I furrow my eyebrows together. "Wha-"

All of a sudden he ducks down, and makes a shushing noise. "Turn around. Turn around!"

I, awkwardly, turn around.

What's wrong with him?

"Okay, you can turn back now." He whispers.

"What was that?" I ask him, after I turn back around.

He points to a boy, a few seats ahead of us, who looks younger then us, but looks almost exactly like Eli, and he's talking to a few other kids his age.

"That's my brother Max."

I look back over at Eli with a confused look. "And...?"

His cheeks shade over with the color red. "I can't let him know that I'm on here."

"Why not?" I ask, curiously.

"Because...." He sighs and scratches his cheek. "You're going to think that I'm stupid."

I laugh and shake my head. "No, I won't." Eli, chuckles and looks down, then he looks back up at me almost shyly. "Because, I always tease him about riding the bus, and today, my car broke down.. And if he finds out I'm on here, he won't let me live it down."

He frowns when I bust out laughing. "What?"

I try to stop laughing. "Is...That all?"

He rolls his eyes. "Yes. So?"

"So...That's not really a big problem." I grin. "I should go tell him."

His eyes widen. "No, please don't."

I'm not really going to tell him...I just like playing around. "Why not?" I raise my voice. "Oh, Ma-"

He puts his hand over my mouth, which causes me to shiver from the skin contact and I stop talking.

We are both quiet for a moment, just staring at each other, and I'm reminded of how blue his eyes are. They're more then just blue.

They have specks of green in them.

All of a sudden, I get butterflies in my stomach.

Eli blinks three times, and clears his throat. "Be quiet. My brother might hear you." He slowly takes his big, soft hand off of my mouth, and can't help but picture his hand in my hand.

Wait.

I can't think like this!

"S-sorry." I mentally curse myself for stuttering, and I look down.

"It's okay." He smiles. "Um, it's my time to get off." I see him backing off from me, and I sigh.

Thanks Taehyung.

"Okay."

Eli, stands up and watches his brother get off first, then he turns to me. "Bye, Jennie. See you tomorrow at school."

"Bye, Eli." I say, smiling.

I watch as he walks off the bus, and smile to myself, not caring how crazy it makes me look.

For the first time in my life, I'm actually looking forward to school tomorrow.

Just, God. Can you please keep Taehyung from ruining my day.

I just want one day without a problem.

Maybe that will happen....

Someday....