53

~Taehyung's P.O.V.~

"Why do you even have to ask me that? Seriously. Do you really think that I'm going to help you after all you've done?"

Gabe slams his locker, and gives me a threatening look before stalking off.

I stand there for a minute, frozen, before following after him.

"Dude, I said I was sorry."

He rolls his eyes. "I don't care about that. I don't trust you, and I don't trust you with Jennie. Leave her alone." He growls.

Ugh! I hate begging!

I have the urge to punch him, but I take a deep breathe, and count to five in my head.

I hated the anger rehab I had to go to. But, it was much needed. I found out that the reason why I am so angry all the time, is because of my Dad. I took it after him.

And yes, I admitted that I have an anger problem.

My Dad is now in prison. He was charged of beating a minor, and is going to be in there five to ten years, maybe less if he is on good behavior. I'm not sad.. But, I'm not happy. After all, he is my Dad, and I feel bad that I am the reason why he's in jail.

Mom is starting to come around now... She's the one who witnessed how Dad beat me, and was the reason why he was charged guilty.

All that's left is for Jennie to be mine, and Eli is the only one who's standing in my way.

I still remember how Eli looked down at Jennie with that look. That look that only I am supposed to look at her with. And how he admitted that they were together.

I'm telling you, my heart fell apart in two. She told me that we could be together if I got help.

She's the only reason that I went to the police!

And I come back, and find out that the whole time that I have been in rehab, going through almost every possible torture that there is, to find out that she is with some other guy, who isn't me.

This is my last chance to get her back.

I have a plan. And Gabe is part of that plan.

"What can I do to make you help me? I'll do anything." I plead, feeling my chest tighten.

Gabe stops, and turns his head to look at me. "Anything?"

"Anything."

He grinds his teeth together for a minute, before looking ahead at something. "Okay, fine. I'll help. But only on one condition."

I look over at what he's looking at, and I see, Julia, a girl I tried to ask out a couple months ago. "Um, okay."

He looks back at me. "I need you to talk to Julia for me, and see if she likes me."

My eyebrows shoot up.

He likes Julia?

"Julia? I always thought..."

"What?" He smirks. "That I liked Jennie?"

I stop walking, which causes him to stop too. "Yeah, I mean, man, you're always hanging around her. and we both know that she's not ugly. It's either that, or you're gay." He starts laughing loudly, making us attract some attention from people around us. "Oh, yeah... You're funny." He lets out another loud laugh, and sucks in a deep breath. "Only you know this, okay? I used to like her when we were younger. But, I decided that I wasn't going to go after her, because we were probably better off friends instead of lovers. There are some people who were meant to be lovers, and some who were meant to be friends. Her and I are friends, and that is all that's going to happen."