42

~Jennie's P.O.V.~

As I look at myself in the mirror the next morning, I notice how much I've changed. I'm not the little 'Nerd' Jennie anymore. I am a stronger, more prettier version of myself.

I miss my baggy clothes.

These clothes that I'm wearing; the blue jean mini skirt, the tight pink tank top that barely covers my stomach, and the three inch black heels that I'm wearing...Are not me.

I sigh and reach down to pick up my bag, then skip down to the kitchen.

When I walk into the kitchen, Mom looks up from the newspaper that's laying on the table. "Well, someone looks mighty cute this morning." She says, with a small grin and a steaming cup of coffee in her hand. "I especially like the shoes."

I know what she's hinting at. She got these for me last year for my birthday, and I told her that I would never wear them.

"Thanks, Mom. I do too."

Her face glows with pride. "See, I told you that you would like them someday."

I nod, and try my best to keep my smile on my face and not frown. "I know." I sit down next to her on the table, and place my bag next to my seat. "What's for breakfast?"

After breakfast, I stand outside, next to the stop sign on the curb, and wait for the bus.

After I sent that text to Taehyung, I never saw the next text. I fell asleep.

I guess I was more tired then I thought I was.

A lot of things happened at the hospital. Some good...Some bad.

Gabe still won't talk to me. He's talked to my Mom more then he has me. I don't know why he's so upset about all this anyway. It's my business, not his.

It's a beautiful day today. There's no clouds in the sky, and it's sunny. But it's cold.

I glance down at my watch impatiently, and groan. If the bus doesn't hurry up and get here, I'm going to be late.

My head snaps up, whenever a car horn goes off from in front of me. "Hey, Jennie!" Taehyung, is sitting in his car, smirking. "Need a lift, beautiful?"

And of course...I have to blush at his compliment. I'm scared that I'm going to stutter when I speak, so I just shrug and open the door. Taehyung smiles and points to the clock on the dash board. "You know, if I didn't happen to drive past here, you would have been late."

I raise my eyebrows. He wants me to fall at his feet and thank him for being my prince charming. "I know."

He chuckles. "Are you going to get in, or are you just going to stand there all day?"

I blush again and quickly hop in the car, and shut the car door.

Taehyung fixes the rear view mirror, before putting the car into gear and pulling out off of the curb.

It's an awkward silence for a few seconds, until Taehyung speaks up. "So, have you spoken to Gabe about what happened last night?"

Pictures of what happened last night flash into my head, and I get butterflies in my stomach from just thinking about it. "No." I say grimly. "He won't answer any of my phone calls, or my texts."

Taehyung lets out a loud sigh and mumbles something, then he glances at me quickly before looking back at the road. "So, whats going to happen if he never talks to you?"

I think of Gabe, with his sweet smile, and how he always makes me smile. I think about how he always protected me, and never judged me for the way I looked. "I guess that I'll try my best to get him to talk to me."

We pull up to a stop light, and Taehyung drums his fingers against the steering wheel. "What if he says that you can't talk to me anymore?"

I look over at him, and I see that his eyes are clouded over with worry. "I don't know..."

It's quiet again, and we pull into the school parking lot. "Why do you have to listen to him anyway?" He asks, breaking the silence. "You should be able to do whatever you want."

I look over at him and frown. "Gabe is my best friend. He's always protected me. I don't want to lose him, Taehyung. You should understand that."

"I do. I just..." He trails off and scowls.

"You just, what?"

We pull up into a parking space, next to a blue convertible, then he turns off the car and looks at me. I didn't notice until that moment of how cute he looks today. "Jennie," He says softly, bringing me back from 'Taehyung world'. "I want to be with you." He reaches over and takes my hand softly, into his hand. "I've wanted to be your boyfriend for a while now. And I don't want Gabe to take you away from me."

I look down at out intertwined hands then I look back up at his face. "Taehyung. I never thought in the world that I would say this. But, I want to be with you too." His face lights up, and he smiles the most dazzling smile. "But," I take my hand out of his hand, and he looks at me with a confused look. "I have to talk to Gabe first. He comes first"

Taehyung frowns, and mumbles something that sounds like, "Of course...Gabe always come first." Then he throws open the door and storms out of the car.

What just happened?

I pick up my bag quickly, and get out of the car. "Taehyung!" He doesn't turn around, or even acknowledge that I've called him.

I close the car door, and start walking towards him. "Taehyung!"

It takes a little bit, but I finally catch up to him. "Taehyung!" I grab his elbow and he stops walking. "What's wrong with you?"

He turns around, catching me off guard, and I'm surprised when I see that his eyes are glassy with tears. "Nothing." He spits out. "Just... If Gabe comes first, then maybe you should date him instead of me."

I narrow my eyes at him, and whisper, since we're getting a lot of attention from the students around us. "Taehyung, stop it. You're acting like a girl."

He snorts and takes a step back away from me. "I'm done being second. That's all I seem to be to everyone, is second. When you finally see that Gabe is not always perfect, then come to me." He looks at something behind me, and I turn around to see that Brittney is walking up to us. I look back at Taehyung, and he looks back at me. "Hopefully by then, I'll take you back."

"Taehyung?" I hear a whiny voice from behind me say. "Where were you at yesterday? We all missed you."

Taehyung smirks at her. "I decided to skip a day. There was nothing to do, so I just slept in all day." Liar. He knows that we were at the hospital.

I feel my hands ball up in fists, and I glare up at Taehyung. "I hate you. I never should've talked to you, or given you a chance. You're nothing but a jerk, and that's all you will ever be!"

For a second, Taehyung looks regretful. But, it only lasts for a second before his lips pull up into a small smirk that doesn't match his eyes. "Babe, if you would leave please. I have some...things to take care of." He looks at Brittney and winks at her.

Tears prick my eyes, and I push past him. I walk into the school, holding my bag to my chest, trying not to cry, and trying to ignore the throbbing pain in my chest.

I should have listened to Gabe. I should've known that Taehyung would never change. And I should've known that no one would really like me.

When I get to my locker, I open it up, and shove my bag in it. Then I dig my English book out quickly, wishing that I could just go home. I'm not in the mood for class anymore.

After the bell rings, I rush to class, and plop in my seat.

I can't stand the stares that are coming my way.

They probably heard the fight.

So, I lay my head on the desk. My plan for the rest of the day, is to be invisible.