48

~Jennie's P.O.V.~

I wake up the next morning with my lower back aching.

"Ohhh.." I groan, and stretch, my bones cracking and popping.

For a second, I wonder why I'm on the ground, but then I look up and see Taehyung laying on my bed with blood all over his face.

I wince at the discomfort that his face his in, and I wonder who could do this to anyone. Especially to your own kid.

I sneak out of my room and walk down to the bathroom to wet down a washcloth, and then walk back to my room.

Taehyung is laying on his stomach, his face turned towards me, and he's laying above the blankets, his poor ripped up clothes showing.

I bend down besides the bed and start to gently wipe the blood off of his chin, being careful not to wake him up.

He stirs, and I still, not wanting to disturb his sleep.

One of Taehyung's eyes pop open, and I back away from him slightly, feeling guilty for some reason. His other eye opens and he starts to yawn, but stops halfway and cries out in pain.

"Oh, oh, hold on." I move forward again, and wipe off his lips carefully, trying not to look at his burning eyes.

"You don't have to do this, you know." He whispers.

I pause and look up at him. "Yes..Yes I do."

We just stare at each other for a second, before I break our gaze and wipe the long streak of dried blood that's running along down his cheek.

After I wipe that off, Taehyung whispers. "Why are you always so nice to me?"

I think for a second. "That's a good question." He smiles a small smile, but it disappears when I say, "Why are you always so mean to me?"

Taehyung sighs, and closes his swollen black and blue eye, when I start cleaning around it. "I was jealous, Jen."

"Of who?"

"Gabe." He murmurs.

"Taehyung..." I start. "I don't like Gabe like that."

"I know." He whispers and looks down. I like this Taehyung....He's honest. And he's not being argumentative. But, then again, I hate seeing him like this. It's like he's broken.

"Who did this to you? Was it your Dad?" I press softly.

His eyes snap up to mine quickly. "No. It was an accident."

Well, let's forget about the honest part.

"That's bull. It was not an accident."

"Yes it was."

"Don't play with me. I'm not dumb."

He stares at me, and for a second, I wonder if he is ever going to answer me. "You're too smart."

I laugh and stand up, then I sit next to him on the bed. "You need to talk to someone. You can't just keep letting yourself get hurt like this." I tell him.

"Jen...I don't need to talk to anyone. I can handle this."

"Oh, like you 'handled' it last night?" I say, with my eyebrow raised. "Don't be stupid. You need help."

He grumbles something, then lays back on the bed, causing me to scoot closer to the edge.

"I'm not kidding, Taehyung." I cross my arms over my chest. "Do you know how worri-" I stop myself, and clear my throat. "What was you going to say?" Taehyung asks, now interested. "Were you going to say that you were worried about me?"

"N-no." I stutter, my cheeks turning pink.

Lies.

Of course I was worried about him. But, I can't let him know that.

He lifts his head up with a wince, and he looks up at me with such an intense look, that I want to look away from him.

"I love it when you blush."

Of course, that makes me blush even more, and he smiles at me.

"You know, I still like you, right?"

My stomach gets at least three times more butterflies, then I ever had with Eli, and I look away from him.

I can't do this.

I hear Taehyung sigh. "I understand. After everything I've done, I'm surprised that you even let me in your room last night."

"Taehyung. It's not that I don't like you." I look at him. "Because I do. It's just that you need help. You have your own home stuff that you need to take care of first, and then you have your own anger issues that you need to take care of. Until then, I will not date you." He stares at me, his face thoughtful, and he opens his mouth slightly, before closing it again.

We stare at each other for a few minutes, and I'm actually surprised that I was able to tell him that. I have never been able to talk this way to anyone before, except to Matt, and Gabe.

"I guess I do need help." He finally says defeated. "I promise, I will talk to someone. Okay?"

I nod my head and smile. "Okay."

I can't do this.