55

~Jennie's P.O.V.~

"Jennie, what are you doing?"

In your life, has there ever been a time where you wish you could freeze time, and run away while everyone is froze? Well, that's what I was wishing at this moment.

Why now?

"Jennie.. How could you kiss him?" Eli asks me when I don't respond to his question, growing angrier.

"I.."

El crosses his arms over his chest, and I feel growing guilt in the pit of my stomach. "You, what? You were cheating on me?"

I look up at Taehyung, and he's looking down at me intensly, waiting for me to answer.

"I, um.." I stutter.

"Yes?"

I sigh and look up at the ceiling before saying quietly. "Yes, I cheated, and I'm sorry. I love Taehyung, Eli." I look back to Eli. "I liked you too, I really did. Please forgive me"

Eli stares at me, and then his eyes flicker over to Taehyung. "You just had to, didn't you? You always get the girl. You can't let me have her." I scoff.

I'm not someones prize.

"What are you talking about?" Taehyung asks, confused. "I love her. Of course I'm going to try everything in my power to get her."

Eli takes a step closer. "But, you knew that I liked her, if not loved her. You just wanted to take her away from me."

Taehyung lays a hand on my shoulder. "That isn't true. I'm sorry that you had to find out this way.. But-"

"No," He interrupts Taehyung. "I-"

"Hey." Taehyung re-interrupts him, his voice rising, that way Eli will stop talking. "I really think you need to settle down. You're making this out to be worse than what it really is."

Eli makes a face. "Really? I just caught, Jennie," He gestures to me with his hand. "Kissing you, when she's supposed to be my girlfriend. Are you saying that I'm not supposed to be upset? Just shut up Taehyung, and leave us alone."

Taehyung looks down at me, asking with his eyes if I want him to leave, and I nod my head. "Let me talk to him."

I do feel guilty, and I do really like Eli. I don't want him to hate me, so I need to ask him for forgiveness. It is my fault after all.

Taehyung sighs, and leaves the Gym, walking very slow.

As soon as he leaves, I sigh, and gesture for us to sit down on the floor, since there aren't any seats around.

"Look, Eli." I start. I don't know all that I'm going to say, but I'll try my best. "I'm sorry. I... I shouldn't have kissed him back, but I did. I know that you probably will never forgive me, but this is the best I can do."

He looks down at the floor, and it's quiet for a while.

If I never met Taehyung, I would probably really like Eli. But, I have no choice.. My heart didn't choose him. Some girl is going to be lucky having Eli, as a boyfriend.

Without looking up, Eli whispers. "Why him?"

My eyes close, and Taehyung's smiling face pops into my head, and I automatically smile. "Because, I love him."

I open my eyes, and Eli's staring right at me. "I guess there's nothing I can do about that."

"No," I crack a half of a smile. "You can't." He chuckles quietly, and stands up. "Well, as long as he makes you happy, I'm happy."

I smile, stand up, and I give him a big, friendly, hug. "I still want to be friends. I mean, we don't have to hate each other."

It takes him a few seconds, but he hugs me back, and then lets me go. "Maybe. It may take me some time to get over such a pretty girl as you."

My cheeks turn pink, and I laugh. "Oh, yeah, sure. You'll find someone who's perfect for you, and then you'll thank me for breaking up with you."

He opens his mouth to speak, but before he can say anything, the bell that dismisses us, rings, causing us both to jump.

"Well," He says. "I guess I better get going. I'm sure Taehyung, is probably very worried about what we're doing in here."

A picture of Taehyung standing with his ear to the door, pops in my head, and I laugh. "Yeah, he probably is. Thanks for not being so mad."

His face turns a little rigid again, but he bites his lip, and nods his head, not saying anything back.

I shouldn't have said that last part... I think he finally forgot about it, but I had to bring it up again. "Bye, Eli." I say softly.

He smiles a small smile. "Bye."

I walk past him, excited to get out, because it was starting to turn awkward.

When I open the door, Taehyung is just standing there with his eyes closed. "Taehyung?"

As soon as he hears my voice, his eyes open wide, and he smiles. "So?"

"So..." I smile a huge smile, and I give him two thumbs up. "We're good."

Taehyung chuckles, and grabs me up into a big hug. "I love you, Princess."

I wrap my arms around him, and hug him back, loving the warmth of his arms. "I love you too."

He pulls back quickly, his face lit up, and he puts one of his hands on my cheek. "I have a question to ask you."

My eyebrows raise.

A question?

"Yes?"

He clears his throat. "Will you be mine? Jennie, will you be my girlfriend?" I giggle, and nod my head up and down. "Of course I'll be your girlfriend. There's nothing more that I want to be."

"Yes!" Taehyung leans in to kiss me, but before our lips touch, an annoying voice inturrupts.

"No making out in the hallway, Love birds."

"Gabriel, shut up." I tell him, my face burning. "Get a girlfriend."

Gabe smirks, and winks at me. "Oh, I'm planning on it."

I look at him surprised. "You are?"

"He likes, Julia." Taehyung announces, his eyebrows wiggling.

I can't help it.. I smirk. "Julia and Gabe, sitting in a tree. K-I-S-"

Gabe covers my mouth with his hand. "Hey, there's no need for that."

I lick his hand, and he quickly takes his hand away from my mouth. "Yeah there is.. You started it."

"I did not." He argues back.

"You did too.. With the making out comment." I stick my tongue out at him, and Gabe looks at Taehyung.

"Can't you shut your girlfriend up?" He asks, Taehyung. Taehyung smirks. "Of course I can."

"No you-" I'm interrupted by Taehyung's lips on mine, and I smile against his lips.

"Okay, maybe you can." I tell him, once we pull away.

He smiles, then leans in and kisses me again.

Life sure is surprising sometimes... One day you can be a nerd, the next you can be the hottie of the school.

Maybe you can sometimes have both..

I guess that's called, A Nerd's Romance.