32

~Jennie's P.O.V.~

Oh, how time flies....

The rest of the week I didn't hardly see Taehyung at all. And when I did see him, he would either give me a dirty look, or turn away from me.

And instead of sitting in the front of the class with the rest of his friends, he now sits in the back by himself with the hood of his jackets over his head.

I can't believe how just one thing completely turn us around!

Whenever Taehyung is in my class, he's normally in the back, ignoring everyone. (Or they're ignoring him...I can't figure it out)

The new gossip going around school, is that Brittney is now going out with Mike and that Brittney dumped Taehyung, because she found out that he's a drug addict.

How stupid are these people?

I don't know whether I should feel sorry for Taehyung, or think that this is funny.

"-Julia?"

"Huh?" I ask Gabe since I completely zoned him out. "I didn't hear you, sorry." Gabe rolls his eyes. "You're never hear me anymore, Nini. What's going through that head of yours?"He smirks then wraps his arm around my neck and pulls my head to his chest in a headlock

"I said-" He says loudly in my ear. "I think that that girl is nice! Isn't her name, Julia?"

I scream and try to push him off of me and he just pulls me tighter to where half of my body is on his lap. "Gabe! This isn't funny!" I scream when he starts laughing at me.

"Keep it down up there you two! Or else, Gabe, I'll make you leave!" Mom yells from downstairs

I feel Gabe's body tighten and he sighs and lets go of me. "Yes, Ma'am." He says politely, but looks at me and rolls his eyes.

I just smirk and lay back on the bed.

"So, as I was saying...."

I raise my eyebrow. "Yes?"

He pokes my belly button and I smack his hand away and he smiles. "Julia seems nice, doesn't she?"

I nod my head slowly. "Yes...Yes she is. Why?"

He shrugs. "Just saying."

I give him a disbelieving look. "Yeah, sure....Just saying." "What's that supposed to mean?" Gabe asks with his eyebrows furrowed.

"Nothing." I say innocently. "Nothing at all, Gabriel."

Julia and Gabe would be perfect together. Although I don't know Julia too well, I think that they would look so cute together. I still can't believe Monica broke up with Gabe. Why would someone break up with him? He's the most sweetest guy ever.

He groans and stands up up off my bed. "Do not call me Gabriel, Nini. You hear me? And I want to know what you're thinking."

I sit up and smirk. "I'm not thinking anything. Okay?." I look down at the silver watch on my wrist and sigh. "I have to go. My shift at McDonald's starts in a half an hour."

Gabe nods. "Don't think that you're getting away with this. Do you need a ride?" He asks as he picks up his car keys.

"No, thanks." I dig through my pile of clothes on the floor, looking for my uniform. "I can walk." McDonald's is only a block away from my house.

"Okay...." He walks to my door and pauses. "I'll see you at school, Monday."

"Okay!" I shout as I walk into the bathroom with my uniform in my hands to go change. "Jennie, can you take my place for a second while I go on break?"

"Sure."

Brad, who has worked at McDonald's for more years then I have been born, hands me the keys to the register.

"I'll be back in a half an hour, kay, pretty girl?" I blush slightly as he calls me the nickname that he formed for me when I first started working here.

And No, Brad doesn't like me...That would be gross, considering that he's fifty six. He like to tease me and I tease him back.

"Okay, old man." I come back at him with a wink.

He sucks in a breath. "I'm not old, but if I was a few years younger, I would totally be dating you."

I roll my eyes and laugh, then throw his clock out card at his chest. "Just go to work, Brad."

Brad chuckles. "Whatever you say, Jennie." He walks away in the back and I turn to face the counter, just now realizing that there's a guy standing there in front of the counter in a hoodie, with his hood over his head.

"I see you got yourself a boyfriend." The guy says and cranes his neck so he can see in the back and a smirk slowly spreads upon his face. "No wonder you didn't want me....I couldn't compete with that." "He's not my boyfriend." I say, noticing how malicious I sound, and softens my voice slightly. "But, if he was, he would be a much better boyfriend then you. Now what do you want, Taehyung?"

He sighs and looks around the room, like he's looking for someone, then he leans close to me and whispers.

"I-I need a job."

I raise my eyebrows.

There is no way Taehyung is working with me. No way.

"I'm sorry, but we're not hiring at this moment." I say in a business tone.

He narrows his eyes at me. "There's a sign on the door that says that you're hiring and that I can pick up a application at the register."

Think, Jennie. Think.

"We ran out of applications."

Nice....

I roll my eyes at myself inwardly.

Taehyung crosses his arms. "How can you "Run out of applications"?"

"You..You just can." I mentally kick myself for stuttering. "Don't doubt me."

"I think that you just don't want me to work here." He accuses me. "If you don't mind, can I speak to the manager." My eyes widen and I groan. "Fine. I'll go get you one."

I head to the back quickly, pick up a application out of a marked box that says:

Applications

And walk back.
When I get back, Taehyung has his elbows propped up on the counter with his head in his hands, looking down at the counter.

He looks more....tired today for some reason. He has bags under his eyes and He's not trying to push my buttons.

That's not like the Taehyung I know.

Wait. Why does he need a job anyway? Isn't his Dad like some kind of billionaire?

He looks up when he hears me approaching and he straitens up.

"Here." I say as I hand him the paper. "You can either fill it out here, or you can bring it home and fill it out then bring it back."

He hastily folds the paper and stuffs it into the pocket of his hoodie. "I'll bring it home."

"Okay. Whatever." I shrug. "Now leave please, because I have customers...Unless you're going to order something." I gesture to the person behind him, getting agitated at how long that he's taking. He mutters something under his breath. "No, I'm leaving." He says each word with a hint of anger laced in them. "Bye."

Taehyung exits the line, and the next person comes in the front and starts ordering.

I try to pay attention to the customers, but all I'm doing is praying that somehow, someway, Taehyung doesn't get the job and if he does, he doesn't work any shifts with me.

Please God.