14. Holi

Author's pov

The sun's warm rays caressed Shivangi's cheeks as she opened her eyes, the vibrant colors of the powdered Holi festival paint swirling around her like a kaleidoscope. She stretched languorously, feeling a contentment that seemed to seep into every pore of her being. Beside her, Akshat stirred, mumbling something incoherent as he rolled over. The sound of laughter and music drifted in through the open window, a cacophony of happiness that filled the air.

Shivangi sat up, her hair a tangled mess. She looked over at Akshat, his face still showing his tiredness."Morning, sleepyhead," she teased, leaning over to plant a kiss on his forehead.

He spoke up with his heavy voice,"Let me sleep, Shivi."
"Aksh get up na, it's our day.I can't control this excitement ," she replied, glancing at the sunlight streaming in through the window.
"Agr tum abhi nahi uthe na toh I swear mai Aaj tumhe hath tk ni lgane dungi tumhe!", she shouted.
(If you don't get up yet, I swear; I will not even let you touch me today!")
His eyes widened hearing his wife,he asked,"Are kyu gussa ho rahi ho,uth gya bs."

(Don't be angry,I'm getting up only.)

He threw off the bedcovers and stood up, stretching his muscles,and kissed her.

They both changed into their white traditional clothes. Akshat was checking her out,and his Shivangi was busy in her mobile,watching something.

 Akshat was checking her out,and his Shivangi was busy in her mobile,watching something

Akshat held her and asked,"What are you watching baby?"

Shivangi said with small smile,"Maa, Aksh, Maa! She..loved Holi. She is not here with me to apply colour on me with so much love. And you know pa.."

She became silent. Akshat knew why she became silent.

He replied caressing her hair,"Everything will be fine."

Shivangi said, diverting the topic,"Let's go now. Everyone must be waiting."

They walked downstairs holding each other's hands.