chapter 8 REAL FRIENDS

The Reunion
1 year 6 months later

Oprah Winfrey and Tyler Perry were hosting an actor's ball celebrating all black actors around the globe. And paying homage to those who deserve their flowers. This was a celebration of black Hollywood and all of their  accomplishments.  so they invited all of the actors and actresses they had known grew to love and everyone they worked with including the cast of Color Purple. The guest list was very star studded. Everyone  who was anyone was there. From Denzel Washington to Angela Bassett and everyone in between. So it was a given that Fantasia , Taraji and Danielle would be there.

It had been a while since the three women had seen each other . Or even communicated given their busy schedules .Taraji and Fantasia hadn't seen or talked to each other for a long time. So this would be their first time  seeing each other after going so long having not.

Opting not to showing up to the actor's ball would be career suicide for any young black actor in the biz because for once . This actor's ball had all of black Hollywood in attendance. So naturally, Fantasia and Taraji had no other choice but to face their fears and meet each other once again.

Fantasia tried her best not social media stock tahaji and even going as far as to blocking her on all platforms she knew she knew she would have to face her eventually. She just hoped by then she was over her when they did have to cross paths.

Taraji tried her best to look happy but deep down inside she was sad and a little jealous. when she saw how Carefree Fantasia was. She had forgotten how beautiful she was in person. Pictures and videos never did her justice. Once she spotted her in the crowd of other stars she thought  she couldn't get any more gorgeous but she had and tonight you looked extra delicious. But if she wants it to continue to lie about what she wanted . She would have no parts of her. and there were plenty of fish in the sea.

Fantasia spotted Taraji speaking with Oprah Danielle and a few of their castmates from the movie as soon as she walked in. Even though they hadn't spoken in so long they shared similar tastes and ended up color coordinating. And she considered this a sign that they were soulmates . Taraji looked breathtaking and she didn't know what to feel after not seeing her Queen for so long. She noticed Taraji noticed her so she decided to swallow her Pride and speak first trying to break the ice. They greeted one another and hugged briefly and in that embrace  all of her feelings came rushing back to the surface.

She wanted very much to kiss her like the long lost lovers she believed they were. She felt silly standing there smiling slightly thinking about professing her love for Taraji right then and there. But she was afraid of rejection and so much had happened in between the time they stopped communicating that professing her love would probably be off-putting at this time.
They needed to have a proper conversation about the way things had ended. And where they would go from there.
She wondered if Taraji was just putting on a happy face and saving appearances when she decided to engage in their embrace. She wondered if T really hated her deep down inside. If the shoe was on the other foot she would hate her but then again she never knew truly how Taraji felt they just agreed to go their separate grades never discussing fully how they truly felt for one another.

Fantasia's heart sank the moment  she saw Taraji and Megan Good in a warm embrace. They were slow dancing and looked like they were in love. Now she felt dumb for feeling the things that she felt. How could she be so careless to think that to how she would wait for her. But she wouldn't give her the satisfaction of seeing her  sweat . Megan must have noticed the way we lingered and are embraced because now . She was very purposeful with the way she showed her affection towards Taraji in front of me.  And it bothered the hell out of me . But I had no room to be upset because we were never in a relationship and we never established anything to wear. It would be a problem for her to have a relationship outside of what we had going on . So I would pretend that her presents didn't affect me in any way because in her mind they were just old friends.

Tyler Perry POV  Oprah and i were delighted to host this event it had been in the works for months and now. we were finally doing it. We were having a black actors ball and the was it was going there would be many more in the future .

Tyler Perry's speech

Paying homage to some of the most legendary actors and actresses from the beginning of time, black actors and actresses were always second best. This ball is nothing short of black excellence. Thank you all for coming here together. To not only uplift one another but to network together. And because of this joyous occasion I like to announce that I am the new CEO and owner of BET. The crowd Applause.
And we're live now on the BET Network.

Oprah gave a speech and then the cast of The Color Purple was called to Center Stage. Everyone that had been a part of the film received a small token of appreciation from Oprah and Tyler himself. After a commercial break there was a music performance from Fantasia and the crowd went wild. She performed her famous songs summertime. And then a new song off of her EP.

Outside the event on the red carpet cameras were flashing, fans were screaming and celebrities were signing autographs. Everybody black that was in Hollywood was there. Models, actors , rappers , singers, artists and producers were all under One Roof and making a grand statement to the world that said we are here and we stand together . Just about every news station covered the event.

Paparazzi POV
That's right that's right this way Mr Washington look here Mr Washington look here. Oprah Oprah Oprah Miss Winfrey flash flash flash flash flash flash Fantasia Barrino everyone give it up for a friend Asia clap clap clap class Flash Danielle Brooks oh my God Taraji P Henson come on you guys come together can we get a group photo that's it flash flash you all look magnificent tonight what are you wearing.