chapter 9 taking back my power

Taraji P Henson POV it took everything in me not to whoop Danielle's ass. I couldn't believe she had sat there in my face being so fake at the actor's ball.

Queen Latifah POV I had spotted Taraji after she in the cast of Color Purple stepped off of stage and I just had to talk to her. Her best friend Danielle was speaking ill of her and I didn't sit well with me. I knew that it had to be more to this story and I was known to be somewhat of a peacemaker so I grabbed her and took her to the side to get to the bottom of what was really going on. I had heard of the mistreatment the cast face and when bringing it up to the directors and more specifically Ms Winfrey they're grievances or undermined. Danielle Brooks was broke and desperately looking for her next she had even offered to be my assistant or even my maid I was shocked by this we were all mutual friends of friends I didn't think it was my place but something just didn't let me leave this situation alone I had hope for a great outcome but with things like this you never knew what would happen. Taraji, can I talk to you for a minute?. Sure what's on your mind Queen. It's about your girl Danielle. She seems to be having some sort of hardship. Taraji well I wouldn't know much about that because we haven't been able to catch up as of late. I can't imagine that given both of you all's busy schedules y'all are hard working women but as women and as black women we tend to sweep things under the rug the reason I wanted to pull you aside is because for some reason. And I'll just say that she hasn't been so happy about you all's relationship. Is there a reason why you no longer talk as much? Taraji with all due respect Queen I don't think that's any of your business but why do you ask. I understand, see and trust me I'm not trying to get in you guys' business but I simply want to make peace. I'll just keep playing with you. She's been speaking ill of you and she has brought it to my attention that she didn't get paid anywhere near what you all got as seasoned Stars. Taraji Dana so what you're trying to say is Danielle is broke? Yes. Taraji and speaking I love me exactly. Well we'll get into all that another time I just wanted to put a bug in your ear please don't let her know that I told you but I have no reason to lie to you so take the information I gave you as what it is and talk to your girl you better than that we're women with black women blessings upon you bye-bye now.

Taraji P Henson POV to say that I was shocked was an understatement. I can't believe this bitch had the audacity to be talking shit about me behind my back. She probably was bad-mouthing me to everyone she knew this had to end now I wanted to keep it real professional at this ball but I was at my wit's end and everyone has a Breaking Point. So I walked up to Danielle and asked if we could have a moment to talk. She looked fearful for a moment and then assured me we could talk as we walked to a quiet area behind the stage. I noticed her texting away on her phone and then I was immediately whisked away by biz the director from our movie. Our little altercation would have to wait because according to Queen Latifah said she had a whole lot to say about me .but never to my face . maybe this wasn't the time nore the place. I will let fate guide the situation but best believe I was going to get in Danielle's ass but first I needed to talk to Fantasia. And let her no what was going on. it had totally slipped my mind to even include her in the news that I had gotten. I guess it was like an out of sight out of mind type thing ,but hell I couldn't help it. if the heifer had blocked me on everything including social media. I would have my assistant contact hers soon enough.

Fast forward
The conversation

Fantasia POV

My assistant contacted me today and told me that I was to have a meeting with a certain Ms Henson in which I was not looking forward to .

But I was tired of avoiding her and from what my assistant said she really needed to talk to me. I mentally prepared myself for this conversation doing my yoga and meditation. It had been a week since the actor's ball and ever since then my mind has been racing with thoughts, and questions that have gone unanswered for so very long.
It was time to put my big girl panties on.
We wanted to meet at a neutral location that will be comfortable for the both of us. but given the sort of conversation we would have. we didn't need to be in a public setting she offered to meet at my home . And I was grateful for that because this was my territory.

Taraji POV
I didn't know how today's conversation would actually go. but she deserved and right to know who's behind all the time Foolery. And t who our dearest friend truly is. As for me Danielle's cover was blown . and I would never trust her for as long as I lived.

I pulled up to Fantasia's estate ,this place was huge I had never been here before. I didn't know she was living like the damn president. but I had to focus on the task at hand . And that was getting to the downright dirty truth. I wonder what she was feeling upon my arrival . I can't place the face she made as she seen me walk in.
She said  hey T how you been.
I've been ok. How have you been T asked.

Revealing the truth

Taraji pov
Ok Tee don't over think and began rambling Taraji though to herself.
Now Fantasia there is no easy way for me to say this so i will just tell you why i called for this meeting. Now what im about to say is going to be off putting and a little hard for you to believe so just keep that in mind and brash yourself. Fantasia ok T you can tell me i'm ready, Wait before we start .where is my hospitality can i get you anything? Taraji no im find do you need a moment? Fantasia no im good please continue. Ok well i found out who was trying to BLACKMAIL us. Fantasia ok that's great i was getting worried. Taraji thats the thing there is more it was some one we know very well. Fantasia well who is it T. Taraji it was Danielle and her bridesmaids. Fantasia oh my god what you say girl. Taraji yes its true but this one i can't makes sense of or explain the motives . it was your also ex-husband's boyfriend as well Mookie aka M . Fantasia what the fuck is really going on. Taraji that's what I'm trying to figure out and as soon as I found out I tried to contact you but then I realized I was blocked. Fantasia oh yeah sorry about that I'm going to unblock you right now. this is crazy so how did you find out.  Remember my child's father his brother is a private investigator.  my brother-in-law told me about two days before the actor's ball . I wanted to tell you then . but it was so much going on and we each were getting pulled in different directions, so I just opted to tell you now. Fantasia wow wow wow . Taraji I know it's a lot and to think that this mookie guy is somehow a part of it doesn't sit well with me . knowing that he is engaged to your now ex husband. Fantasia you know you right about that what if their whole relationship was based on a lie in order to get to my assets . and the only way he would be able to do that now . Because we're divorce , is if I was to died . Then he would get the insurance money. Because I don't have any other living relatives. And he is still beneficiary over my will and testament  . if we had a had children they would have been in it as well but I never wanted kids with Kendal for some reason. I'm glad now that I never did. It's not like I never wouldn't have I mean eventually but I was so caught up in my career and then I was facing depression at one point . that children just never seen like the right thing to do at the time. Taraji I completely understand and you know you bringing up the insurance policy thing is starting to make a lot of sense. and that's the reason why t he wanted to get married to Kendall after  only 5 months of dating. Taraji Fantasia so what do you think we should do now. I think we should confront that bitch. but before we do we need all of our proof . so now that you know we have to keep this under wraps and pretend that we don't know what's going on behind the scenes. Taraji do you think that's why she abruptly stopped the quote on quote blackmailing because she got a guilty conscience in the process? Fantasia no I heard that she's been asking for money from different celebrity friends of hers so maybe someone came through for her and she no longer felt the need to Blackmail us. But still what she did is Unforgivable and if she has anything to do with the relationship that Kendall has built with this wrestler guy . I don't think that's going to go over well with him. I mean he jeopardizes you guys this whole marriage. Fantasia you know you're right about some things but to be honest with you me and Kendall's marriage have been spiraling down 3 years prior to our final breakup. he just wasn't giving me what I wanted and I had been unhappy. In our relationship for a long time.

Taraji POV I couldn't help but think I somehow played a part in the divorce. Poor Kendal he is no saint. but I did feel bad for him he was living a lie. he was going on to believe that this man really loved him. when all he was out for was Blood and Money . And money is really the root of all evil , and people will do anything when they know you got it.

I told Fantasia that we weren't going to let Danielle get away with this and that as soon as it was safe we were going to let Kendall no. everything once we had all the information we needed to contact authorities.
We agreed we would keep the whole blackmailing thing under wraps until we figured out our next step.