Harry Trusts Them

Remus is walking towards Hagrid's Hut along with his friend. As usual they get into a banter.

"Don't use your strict voice on him."

Remus asks, "I have a strict voice?"

"Yes, usually when you see him or mostly me doing something what you don't approve of."

"I see. That actually means when you do something foolish or dangerous."

"It's called fun. Anyway, I want you to be soft and understanding with him. Even if he made a mistake."

"I miss him too, Siri. I want him home as much as you do."

Sirius smiles sweetly. "I know. We have to ask him why he left us for two days to live with Hagrid."

****

In Hagrid's place, they are sitting patiently, waiting for heir boy to make a move. Harry is sitting across from them, looking at the floor and fidgeting with his trousers.

Remus nudges Sirius.

Sirius clears his throat, making Harry look at him. "Kiddo.."

No response. "Harry, can we talk?"

Sirius hits his friend. "That is one sure way not to make him talk! Can we talk is what my girlfriends say when they want to break up with me."

Harry giggles but quickly schools his expression into a neutral one.

Sirius smirks proudly at Remus before turning to Harry. "We missed you."

"We still miss you," Remus corrects. "You're so far away, not in my arms,"

His pout brings Harry running to him. Remus hugs the little boy and smirks at Sirius. Who's the favourite dad now?

"What about me? Don't you miss me?"

Harry laughs before running to hug Sirius. The man shows his cheek and Harry kisses him. "Come here, you," he says, lifting Harry to his lap.

Harry clings to him, head buried in Sirius' chest. Sirius sighs warmly and looks at Remus as if to say 'you talk'.

"Kiddo. We are not angry on you at all. Please tell us what made you upset and we will sort it out."

"Why aren't you angry?"

Sirius looks as confused as him. He asks the boy. "What do you mean?"

"I came out of the house for two whole days. I didn't even talk to you. Why aren't you angry?"

"Because it is not a mistake, Harry. You told us you wanted to live at Hagrid's and we agreed."

"Yes," Remus smiles at his boy. "We trust Hagrid, so it is totally fine. Same goes with the Weasleys. They are all our friends."

"But," Harry thinks hard as if thinking how to phrase his words. The five year old's adorableness makes Sirius and Remus smile.

"But what, kiddo?" Sirius asks, ruffling Harry's hair.

"My friend, William, he said-"

Oh, another friend. Harry is easily the most popular boy in school and everyday it is this friend and that, this teacher and that, everybody somehow wanting to talk to Harry.

"-he said parents are supposed to punish their kids. They won't be sweet, they will be mean. They don't even talk to kids properly!"

Sirius frowns. "I don't understand."

"You are never mean to me!" Harry exclaims. "You don't yell at me, you don't deny anything I ask like, ever! Parents have to do that if they love their children, right?"