Harry is Sick

[Molly's patronus talks with Remus]

"Lupin, where are you?"

"Everything fine,Molly? You sound upset."

"No, 'm alright. It's just, Harry is-"

"What happened to Harry? What?"

"Don't panic. He's sick and has a mild fever. That's all."

"Oh my god. Did you feed him the potion I gave you? How long has he been ill?"

"I have seven kids, remember? I would've managed it myself buy he's mumbling 'dad' in his sleep, so.."

"What? 'M coming over."

[At Molly's house]

Remus' heart breaks at the sight of his godson. Harry is lying on the bed with a wet cloth on his forehead. The kids tell him that he's been fed food and water. He was playing in the Sun all day and suddenly fainted.

He kneels beside the bed. "Shh, you're okay, sweetheart." He whispers to the half-asleep boy. But Harry keeps shifting in bed, mumbling 'dada' over and over. Remus feeds him a little more calming potion, trying very hard not to break down.

"He'll be alright, you know." Arthur pats his shoulder assuringly.

"I know. But this just shows the obvious, doesn't it? Sirius and I will never be able to match his biological parents." A few tears escape.

"Hey come on now," Molly says, bringing him tea. "Harry adores you. Where's Siri? I thought he'd have run here."

"I didn't tell him." Remus answers them. "He will be returning home anyway, so I didn't want him to worry. Besides, there's nothing we can do except wait for the potion to take effect."

[Sirius rushes into Molly and Arthur's house]

He slams the door open and crumbles at the sight of Harry. Not caring to hear anyone along the way, he cups Harry's face and sobs miserably.

"Dramatic." Arthur mutters.

"And scary." Molly says. "I was more worried about his reaction than Harry's condition.

Remus goes to his friend's side. "Siri-"

"Why didn't you tell me sooner? How did he get ill? What did they do to him?"

Arthur's angry "What?" disturbs the quiet making Harry squirm and open his eyes.

Sirius looks at Harry with tears in his eyes but not before glaring at Arthur for disturbing his boy.

"Dada!" Harry coos, eyes fully open now and a little smile on his lips.

Molly blinks her wide eyes. She and Remus share looks.

"What?" Sirius is totally broken by the single word. "Did you just-" he turns to Remus. "Did he just-"

"It seems so." Remus grins at his friend. "You've graduated."

Sirius chuckles and clutches Harry's hands in his. "How are you feeling, kiddo?"

Harry frowns adorably. "Why you crying?"

"M not." Sirius hurries to wipe his tears. "M just happy to see you."

"Me too." Harry tries to sit up and his fathers are more than okay to help. "I missed you."

"I know, baby, m sorry." Sirius kisses the boy's leg. "Did you miss me too much?"

Harry looks at Molly before nodding.

"Harry," Molly smiles gently. "You could've told me. I'd never refuse anything."

"You refused to let me go to Hagrid's place."

Sirius looks at her pointedly. She sighs. "That's coz he bought dragons. Honestly, Siri. Do you think I wouldn't have brought him to you if he asked?"

"Alright." Remus decides to end the argument before it begins. "We can all agree Harry won't stay for more than 3 days away from home. Is that okay, pup?"

"Two days." Harry mumbles shyly.

Sirius whimpers, melting at his little boy. "Two days it is. And I promise I will be home."

"That's good."

"It is." Remus sits next to Harry on the bed. "You know what else is good? You calling Siri 'dada'."

"You don't need to repeat it, honey." Sirius says, though internally yearning to hear it again. "M sure it's just a slip and you were ill."

Harry looks confusedly at the man still kneeling on the floor and then to Remus. "Won't his knees hurt?"

"It should hurt." Remus says back. "Sirius, stop talking crazy and join us in bed."

Sirius leans on the bedpost and Harry immediately shifts into his lap, laying his head on his dad's chest.

Remus melts at the sight. "Who's your dada, Harry?"

Sirius glares at him but Harry pokes his little finger on Sirius' arm.

"Really?" Sirius whispers.

"Dada." Harry coos again.