Chapter 206: Unexpected

The girl's words clearly puzzled the disciples of the Concealed Moon Sect. Based on their experience from the previous days, any top-level demon beast trapped by the sect's grandmaster couldn't break free from the ring talisman's restraint so quickly. How did the demon beast manage to escape this time?

Although they were full of doubts, they didn't dare to ignore the girl's warning and immediately became extremely cautious. Of course, the red and blue beams of light in their hands became even more fierce, quickly piercing dozens of holes in the ink dragon's body, staining the swamp below with fresh dragon blood.

This further infuriated the ink dragon. It let out a piercing scream that reverberated throughout the underground world, causing everyone present to feel dizzy and disoriented.

"Sss..." A strange tearing sound echoed in the air! When everyone regained their senses and looked over, their faces changed drastically.

The ring talisman remained motionless in mid-air, but the ink dragon trapped inside it had disappeared into thin air, leaving behind only a tattered piece of black scales swaying on the ring, continuously shaking. The demon beast had actually shed its skin and escaped!

Not only were the disciples of the Concealed Moon Sect astonished, but even the young girl was shocked to see this scene, her heart filled with disbelief!

She had just shouted for the disciples to be careful, not because she anticipated the snake's shedding behavior.

But because the ink dragon's escape power was too strong, and her magical power was insufficient to continue restraining it. This demon beast should have also sensed the weakening of the Vermilion Ring's restraint, so why did it make such a damaging move? Could it be...!

A thought flashed through the girl's mind, and she thought of a terrifying reason, her face turning completely pale. She hurriedly searched for the ink dragon, wanting to confirm her terrible guess!

"There it is!"

A sharp-eyed disciple of the Concealed Moon Sect was the first to spot the demon beast swimming closely to the top of the underground world. By now, it had undergone a complete transformation, its appearance vastly different from before.

Its black body had turned snow-white without scales, its length had increased from three to four zhang to five to six zhang, and it had grown thicker by more than a circle. The injured areas only left faint scars, barely noticeable. Most surprising of all, a black horn several inches long had grown on the triangular snake head, faintly emitting a glossy sheen. Its body also sprouted a pair of white claws on its abdomen, extremely sharp. This demon beast had transformed from a snake into a dragon, its appearance identical to the legendary dragon.

The people of the Concealed Moon Sect were naturally astonished to see the current form of the ink dragon. But before they could act, the girl standing at the forefront issued a command that astonished them all with her serious tone.

"Everyone, retreat immediately! The ink dragon has evolved to the second stage! Its strength can now rival that of a mid-level Foundation Establishment cultivator. Even if we join forces, we are no match for it. Leave this place immediately; I can hold it off for a short time."

After the girl finished speaking, she immediately summoned the Vermilion Ring back to her, assuming a completely defensive posture.

Some of the disciples hesitated upon hearing this. Although the so-called ink dragon had shed its skin and undergone a drastic transformation, they had just severely injured it. It was hard to believe that its strength had changed so dramatically in the blink of an eye.

But just a moment of hesitation was enough for some people to regret for a lifetime! Because the white ink dragon suddenly moved, lightning-fast, rushing into the air above the Concealed Moon Sect disciples, then opening its mouth wide, spewing out a continuous stream of purple liquid.