Chapter 316 Missing

"No, seven or eight years ago, I was helping Senior Ma with the medicinal garden. Didn't the Blood Trial happen around that time? Sister Chen, why do you ask?" Han Li raised his head, calmly answering, even showing a hint of curiosity on his face.

Chen Qiaoqian's face turned pale in an instant. After biting her lip, she stiffly said, "No? But I remember Brother Han went out exactly once back then, and the timing seems just right!"

"Oh, that was when I was preparing for the Blood Trial, so I went out to purchase some talismans and tools. However, nothing unexpected happened," Han Li calmly denied.

Hearing Han Li's words, Chen Qiaoqian fell silent for a moment, just staring at him coldly, making Han Li feel a bit uneasy.

"Since that's the case, there's nothing more to say! Junior Brother, you can leave. I want to be alone for a while," Chen Qiaoqian said with a hint of barely noticeable disappointment, turning her face away gently, her voice filled with weariness.

Seeing this, Han Li sighed, knowing that regardless of whether she believed his words or not, Sister Chen wouldn't bother him anymore.

Because she should sense his distant attitude. With her proud personality, she wouldn't come looking for him again one after another.

"Sister, then I'll take my leave!" Han Li clasped his hands together, without any hesitation, he turned and left the garden.

After Han Li's figure completely disappeared, Chen Qiaoqian turned back with a complex gaze, looking in the direction of the garden gate, and softly muttered:

"If not you, then who else could it be? Back then, who else had such strength in the valley and happened to be away? Only you, Junior Brother Han!"

After saying this, she gracefully walked to a blooming peony, gently plucked it with her jade-like fingers, sniffing its fragrant scent under her nose.

With the fragrance of the flower, Chen Qiaoqian sank into a contemplative state.

Han Li walked out of the garden, took a deep breath, shook his head, and then quickly returned to the hall.

Seeing Han Li return so quickly, everyone was a bit surprised, but no one was so indiscreet as to inquire about it.

Even though some people made a few jokes about Han Li and Chen Qiaoqian, Han Li just laughed them off, showing no signs of unease.

Before long, Chen Qiaoqian also came in, her expression unchanged, still sitting next to Sister Zhong, whispering to her.

Seeing this, others naturally felt embarrassed to joke about the two again, immediately shifting the topic back to the impending battle with the Black Fiend Sect.

Time flew by, and soon it was already late in the day.

The cultivators from the Yellow Maple Valley had all returned to their respective rooms, preparing for the battle ahead.

Although everyone felt that with their large number of Foundation Establishment cultivators, victory should be assured, they were all extremely cautious. After all, no one would risk their lives carelessly.

However, the thought of the numerous benefits they would gain from wiping out the Black Fiend Sect's base filled them with excitement.

After all, it was rare for them to openly besiege Foundation Establishment cultivators. Of course, except for life-and-death battles with cultivators of the demonic path.

This time, there were not just one or two Foundation Establishment cultivators from the Black Fiend Sect. Presumably, there would be plenty of good materials and treasures to be obtained from them! Especially those fellow disciples who came to help. Most of them came for this reason alone.