Chapter 400: Hypocrisy

"Zhao Elder, sorry to keep you waiting for so long! This is Senior Han, the owner of the batch of demon beast materials!" The woman from Miao Yin Gate respectfully said to the gray-clothed old man as soon as she entered the room.

"Oh, Senior Han! Please have a seat. I just brewed a pot of Ice Cloud Spirit Tea by myself. Would you like to taste it?" The gray-clothed old man lifted his head to glance at Han Li and said calmly.

Han Li furrowed his brows. There was nothing particularly unusual about the old man's appearance, except for his unusually red cheeks, which seemed abnormal, as if he had just recovered from a serious illness. Han Li couldn't help but feel a bit suspicious.

His spiritual sense was much stronger than that of cultivators at the same level, and he instantly saw that the old man was also a cultivator in the early Nascent Soul stage.

Therefore, he didn't refuse and directly sat down opposite the old man. However, he discreetly glanced at the cup of fragrant tea the old man had just poured out and didn't reach out to take it.

Although the other party didn't seem to have any malicious intentions towards him, out of his usual caution, he wouldn't drink anything in a strange place.

Seeing Han Li's cautious demeanor, the old man didn't show any displeasure. He just smiled faintly, poured himself a small cup of tea, and began to drink it.

It seemed that at that moment, Han Li and the others were temporarily forgotten.

"Senior Han! This time, on behalf of Miao Yin Gate, I want to buy all the remaining demon beast materials from Senior. As for the price, it's negotiable." As soon as Fan Jingmei sat down, she gently spoke to Han Li with elegant grace.

"I did have some demon beast materials before, but the last batch has just been sold. I'm afraid it would disappoint your sect." Han Li didn't intend to admit easily that he still had many rare materials. He calmly tried to block the woman's words.

Upon hearing Han Li's refusal, Mrs. Fan smiled charmingly and said in a gentle voice, "Senior Han, you're being a bit deceitful. Although our sect doesn't know how much demon beast materials you still have, there must be quite a lot. Otherwise, you wouldn't be so cautious, only selling them to small merchants from outside and selling a little at a time to different buyers each time."

"If it weren't for our coincidental gathering of related materials in Tianxing City, we probably wouldn't have discovered anything unusual. Senior must be afraid of revealing wealth! If that's the case, Senior can dispel this worry. Although our sect is not a major force, we have a good reputation in the chaotic star sea. Senior can sell all these materials to me, saving us the trouble of collecting them from other small merchants again!"

The woman spoke a lot of words with an extremely elegant and dignified manner, but Han Li's eyes flashed with coldness, showing a hint of anger.

It wasn't pleasant to be investigated secretly without prior knowledge!

Perhaps sensing Han Li's annoyance, Mrs. Fan suddenly changed the subject and began to explain to Han Li.

"Senior Han, please don't blame me for my rash behavior before. It's just that I had to mobilize most of our forces in Tianxing City due to the urgency of the situation, so I had to investigate Senior's whereabouts. I hope Senior can help me this time!"

As she spoke, the woman placed herself in a disadvantaged position, with a hint of pleading in her words and eyes.

After hearing these words, Han Li's anger gradually subsided.

He didn't say anything immediately, but tapped his index finger lightly on the table in front of him, his face expressionless.

In fact, at this moment, Han Li's mind was racing, analyzing the pros and cons of the situation.