Chapter 247: Yan Family Siblings

Perhaps the impatience of the two had an effect, as two black dots suddenly appeared in the sky to the west of the mountain peak. Following them were two huge double-headed strange eagles flying closer. They were precisely the twin-headed wigeons that Han Li had seen at the Tai Nan Association, with a man and a woman riding on each.

As soon as she saw outsiders, Dong Xuan'er, who had been lazy, immediately became alert, straightening up and curiously staring at the approaching "twin-headed wigeons."

"I apologize for the delay! I am Yan Yu, and this is my younger sister, Yan Ling. We are here to escort you to Yanling Fortress," said the man riding one of the wigeons as they flew to the mountain peak. As soon as they landed, the man spoke apologetically.

"No problem, we just arrived not long ago!" Han Li hadn't spoken yet, but Dong Xuan'er, seeing that Yan Yu was an extremely heroic man, immediately brightened up and said with a soft and charming voice, which sounded extremely pleasant to Han Li's ears.

Had he not witnessed her wilful behavior in recent days, Han Li might have mistaken this woman for a young lady of a noble family just by hearing her voice!

Yan Yu, of course, was unaware of all this. Seeing the beautiful Dong Xuan'er in front of him and hearing her soft words, he couldn't help but feel a strange feeling, straightening up and saying loudly,

"In fact, there were Yan Family disciples waiting for distinguished guests here. However, there was an accident with the disciple who was supposed to receive guests, so there was no one here for a while, almost neglecting the two of you! On behalf of the Yan Family, I apologize and hope you won't take offense."

Dong Xuan'er smiled and was about to say something when she suddenly heard Han Li's faint voice in her ear:

"Aren't you afraid of Senior Sister Hong Fu's blame with such behavior?"

Upon hearing this, Dong Xuan'er's face changed drastically. She opened her mouth a few times but couldn't speak, leaving Yan Yu and Yan Ling somewhat puzzled by this strange situation!

Yan Ling was a lively girl of fifteen or sixteen years old, with a lively appearance and bright black eyes that kept darting between Han Li and Dong Xuan'er, giving the impression of extreme cleverness.

"As Junior Martial Sister said, it's fine to be a little late. I believe that the Yan Family would not intentionally neglect us invited guests! But I am curious, Yan Brother, what kind of accident could have happened to the disciple who was supposed to receive guests? Did he have a conflict with some guests?" Han Li coughed lightly after stopping Dong Xuan'er from using her charming techniques recklessly, and then politely inquired about the so-called "accident" jokingly.

"Oh, this?" Yan Yu's face showed a trace of embarrassment when he heard Han Li's words, as if he had some concerns and couldn't speak openly!

"Han Li, since Brother Yu has some inconvenience, it's better not to make trouble for him! Let's go to Yanling Fortress early and take a look. There should be many people there by now, right?"

"Yes, let's go to Yanling Fortress! Many other guests have arrived, and they are discussing cultivation experiences and exchanging ideas! It would be great for you two to join them."

Seeing Yan Yu hesitate, Dong Xuan'er suddenly spoke up for him. This made Yan Yu breathe a sigh of relief and quickly agreed, feeling even more fond of Dong Xuan'er. However, Yan Ling, standing beside them, vaguely sensed Dong Xuan'er's "malicious intent" and pouted in dissatisfaction.

This time, Han Li didn't do anything to Dong Xuan'er. He just smiled faintly and nodded in agreement:

"Then please lead the way, Brother Yan and Sister Yan! We'll follow you two!"