4.2

Ashton

Ashton had called for a movie night at his place. It was the last day of summer break, and he wanted to get everyone together before school and homework, distance and weekend jobs ruined things.

Michael and Luke were fighting over what film to watch, Macy had her face practically stuck in the bag of popcorn, and Calum and Hayley were cuddled up on the couch.

Cuddling as friends, apparently. She was sitting in between his legs. His arms were around her in a way Ashton himself would never hold a friend. The whole thing was ridiculous. He could see how Calum was trying really hard not to put his chin against her shoulder.

Whenever Hayley turned around to say something to Calum, his eyes would shoot straight down to her lips, and whenever Calum shifted under her, hands on her hips to lift her up, her eyes would shut slowly, as if she was enjoying it.

Everyone seemed to try to keep their eyes on the TV the whole time, but that something was happening on the left sofa was far too obvious for anyone not to notice.

"Hayley can you help me with the popcorn?" Ashton asked.

"Eh, I can't right now."

"Yeah she'll just end up burning then anyway," Calum laughed.

"Calum calm down. Your keen is showing," Luke said.

"Hey, shut up," Hayley said, throwing a pillow at the blond boy. "Don't be rude."

Ashton was surprised the girl defended Calum, but figured the two were more of a one at this point. Not a couple, that's some bullshit, he thought to himself.

Throwing the pillow back at her, Luke retaliated. "Don't grind on him in public, then."

"I wasn't!"

"She's- she's punk rock she can do what she wants," Calum spoke up.

Hayley laughed. "I'm like the least punk rock person in here but yeah, what he said."

"She was taught by the best," Michael snickered. "Luke do you want me to get you some ice or are you okay?"

"Mate, Calum's the one who needs it, he has no chill!"

"Guys, we're trying to watch the film," Calum said, glaring at the two. He wrapped his blanket tighter around himself and the girl on his lap.

The film rolled, and a rather steamy scene came on. The tension in the room was evident. Nobody moved.

"Luke cover your virgin eyes!" Ashton joked to make the situation less weird and tense.

"I don't have virgin eyes," Luke said, looking around the room, as if to see who believed him. "I'm not a virgin. I totally did it... once. I mean, you know."

"What?" Calum's eyes grew wide, head snapping to the side. Hayley did the same.

Ashton looked over at Luke, who had a blank expression on his face, the same face he'd have when Liz would catch him with his hand in the cookie jar or faking a cough on a Monday morning to skip school. Had Ashton just caught blondie looking guilty?

"What?" The hazel-eyed boy was confused and very very confused.

Luke sat frozen. "What?"

The silence fell over them as Hayley confirmed what everyone was thinking. "Wait... you are a virgin... aren't you?"

"Fine! I haven't, eh, yet..."

"Oh my god! I can't believe you were teasing me this whole time and you hadn't even done it!"