3.0

Hayley

Of course, she'd ended up at Calum's door. Classic Hayley, not feeling anything but the need to put her face against his soft shoulder. He was there; arms open wide for her to push her body into. It was selfish, she knew that, but she needed him. He was the drug she craved.

"I don't deserve this," he spoke into her hair, his warm breath moving against her neck. "I really don't."

Hayley didn't reply, she just took in the fact that she had two safe arms around her, knowing that in that moment nothing could hurt her. If he didn't deserve her, then she sure as hell didn't deserve him either. Still, it seemed she had a way of finding her way back to him, and him to her.

"Can we pretend like last night didn't happen?"

Calum took her hand, leading her from the hallway and into his bedroom. It was the same as hers, but the walls were a lot darker and covered with posters of bands she'd never really heard of. It smelled of his cologne and teenage boy. He smoothed out the covers on the unmade bed and sat down, wanting Hayley to do the same. "What's wrong? You seem upset."

"Things."

"You can tell me," he said, and Hayley felt exposed as his eyes landed on hers, not breaking contact until she had to look away.

"Mikey got Macy pregnant." Hayley felt herself ramble away, but his eyes were focused on her so she knew he was listening and that made her feel better. She pulled her hand through her tangled hair. She felt her heart explode as she realised she'd just betrayed them both by telling Calum. "I'm a terrible friend."

"Pregnant?" Calum repeated, as if that's the only word he picked up. "Shit."

"Yeah."

"I lied to you yesterday. I said I wished I'd never met you, but that's not true."

After a while Calum laid himself down on his back, staring at the ceiling. Hayley followed his example, and while they lay close together, hands almost touching, it felt like that first night all over again.

"You know when I came to your house that time?" It appeared he was thinking the same thing.

"When you were drunk?"

"Well," he blushed, Hayley could tell from the small sound of his voice, "yeah."

"What about it?"

"I wanted to kiss you," he said.

"Calum?"

"Yeah?"

"Kiss me."

The people in his posters judged her for being so damn needy. They stared so much she had to close her eyes, cringing at how cliché it was of her, asking him to kiss her.

"Okay."

He rolled over to his side, and she shifted a bit to meet his body. His brown eyes stared into hers for a few seconds, making Hayley feel a bit self-conscious. She smiled lightly, and he returned it before kissing her, lips still formed into a smile.

Hands travelled, eyes closed and all she could think was Calum Calum Calum. His lips were gone for air, and then back to hers, soft but eager.

With one leg over his lower body, Hayley was pressed closer to him, feeling like she was off somewhere in the clouds and not really comprehending that what was going on was not just one of those dreams she'd had. He was touching her and she wanted to touch him, too.

His fingers moved up her jean-clad thighs, and she rested her head at the nape of his neck, breathing in all of him. He worked the zipper, and she lifted herself a bit as he helped her slide them off.

Somewhere between kissing him and arguing in her mind whether or not it was a good idea to go through with what was in the works, they had collectively managed to get Calum out of his shirt. He was warm and Hayley felt his heart racing as she rested her hands on his bare chest, leaning back down to kiss his neck.

"Calum," she spoke against his skin, earning a soft moan from him. Calum Calum Calum. His mere touch was doing wonders on her.

He tilted his head back, allowing her more access to the softness of his neck, and she placed kisses, sucking slowly when she heard him sigh for more. The sounds from his throat made her a bit more confident, knowing she was doing something right.

Clothing ended up on the floor. He rummaged his bedside table for a wrapper, her pushing voices of reason out of her mind until she was only thinking with the heart beating in her rib cage. She wanted it to happen.

Calum was careful, listening and responding to her every movement, something she'd never had before. His kisses and touches were eager but shy. "You . . . okay?" he sighed, shifting.

"Per-fect." They were more alike than anyone could have thought. Nothing had to be said; she knew by the way he moaned, into the crook of her neck that he felt the same. "Don't stop," she begged as his touch disappeared, and he kissed her, their bodies connecting again.

The bed moved against the wall, the rhythm was quickly drowning into her own breaths and heartbeats. Hayley thought she had been growing stronger, when the reality was she was just so damn weak. So so so weak underneath him.

"Cal," she managed, a throaty huff following.

"Soon." He knew; he was feeling it as well. She reached her high, a few stray tears making their way down her cheeks as she collapsed into him, unable to control herself.

Hayley pushed herself away from him, catching her breath. She reached for her shirt at the side of the bed and pulled it over her head. He was laying completely still, his body hidden beneath the covers. She didn't dare look at him; she felt like she was letting him down. Then again, she'd let herself down by getting lost in the moment. By getting lost in his eyes and his smell and everything that was Calum.

"Stay here," he spoke, voice raspy. "Please?"

"I can't."

"Why?" He looked over at her, sadness in his brown eyes Hayley couldn't stand. She had to look away. "We can try to make things work. It will be okay."

"I want to," she said. "I just can't."

"I know you don't trust me."

"I-"

"Just please don't leave," he said, shaking his head as he cut her off. "I want you to stay. We can make things work out. Please?"

Maybe she was out of her mind, but she settled back into the bed, his warmth wrapped around her. "Fuck," she mumbled to herself.

Nothing mattered anymore but him. There, in his bed and arms, there was no way she could tell right from wrong. He could talk her into anything. Even doing, or saying things she might regret later. He was her weakness, her kryptonite.

"Already have," he whispered into her neck, sending goosebumps all over her body.

-

i'm no good at writing this stuff

pls forgive me, im cringing so bad oh my god bye

~lauren