1.5

Calum

"You should probably talk to her, mate," Michael said.

"I know. I don't know what to say though." Calum had been thinking about it a lot. If he had the guts, he would have called her days ago. But just staring at her name in his phone made him nervous. Scared. It was dangerous, the things she did to him. "Alyssa wants to meet up again."

Michael pressed his controller repeatedly, resulting in Calum's character getting killed in the game. "You need help," he said, eyes glued to the screen.

"I thought that's what you were to do," Calum replied, leaning back.

"No, I said I'd help you get laid."

"Which I wouldn't have minded."

It was true. He wouldn't have minded getting her out of the wet shirt. But then again, he wouldn't push his luck that far. Truth was, she was just way out of his league. It was a bad idea, trying anything with her. Still, having kissed her once, he'd only wanted more more more.

"You don't mean that," Michael disagreed.

"What if I do?" His feelings towards it had changed. Instead of being nervous, he'd come to the point where he just wanted to get rid of it. Just get it over and done with. The anxieties were holding him back. She was experienced – at least it seemed. He really wasn't.

"I know you and Hayley didn't do anything." Michael said. "I'm not helping you with losing your virginity anymore."

Calum did find it strange that Michael had suddenly done a 180 on him – completely. He had been the one encouraging Calum in the first place, why was he backing away now?

"Alright," Luke spoke up. "I'll help you instead. You should text her."

"What do I say?" Calum reached for his phone in his pocket and Luke took it from him.

Calum tried to reach over, causing Luke to throw himself to the side as he typed the message out. It was too late to take it back once it was sent. They stared at each other, Calum wide eyed and a hand over his mouth, Luke's mouth wide open as if he didn't know whether it was okay to laugh or not.

"Oh shit!"

Michael stood up. "I need to go."

Hayley

"We haven't really spoken since," Hayley sighed. She wanted to see him again, but didn't want to seem clingy. And she had seen him out with Alyssa the day before. Apparently, they were hanging out now.

Outside, the rain beat down on the pavement. The dripping against the window created a sad rhythm; thump, thump, thump.

Her friend, Macy, took a sip of her juice drink. "What an idiot."

"Hmm, he's cute, though," she said, unable to hold back the smile forming on her face as she thought about Calum. "A cute, clueless, idiot."

His lips had been soft, cold and bit pouty. His face wasn't the only thing that was cute – he even kissed in a cute way. He had his hands rested at her waist, carefully holding her, while his gentle lips moved against hers. He took it slow, as if to ask permission with every move.

"You need to stop thinking about his face and start using your brain. It sounds to me he's using you to get laid."

Hayley realised she'd been zoning out. "I don't think he would. He's shy. I mean, his friends were helping him get laid, but I'm not sure."

"It's always the quiet ones, though."

"I'm so confused." She didn't like the way Macy was placing doubts into her mind. It was embarrassing how much she liked this boy who'd been too shy to initiate anything when they kissed. She doubted it was an act. But then again, Macy could be right. How did he have time to go out with Alyssa, if he didn't have time to text her back?

"If he hasn't even talked to you since, he's a dick."

"Bit harsh."

"I'm just saying it seems he has you wrapped around his finger. Don't let him use you. He's being a dick and you can't defend him on this just because he's cute."

The tears came flowing involuntary. Hayley knew her friend was right. She should have known better than to get involved with the boy who was after nothing other than to get laid. It was stupid and reckless. She knew that if she fell too hard, she'd get hurt. Hayley wasn't sure she would be able to deal with it. Just like last time. It seemed she was never in luck when it came to boys.

"I don't want you to be right."

"Me either."

On the table, one of the phones flashed.

calum: lets play titanic

calum: you be the iceberg and ill go down

calum: ;-)

Hayley frowned at the screen.

"What?"

"He just texted me." Holding up her phone, Hayley let Macy read the cheeky message.

"He tries to sext you after having ignored you for a week? Fuck him. No, actually, don't."

"He wouldn't say that, it's probably his friends joking around."

It didn't sound like him at all. The innocent, sweet Calum she knew wouldn't have said anything of the like. So was it Michael? Luke? Was it a joke? The only thing she knew for sure was that she didn't like it.

"If him and his idiot friends are upstairs, I'll go tell them to grow the hell up right now."

"Don't!"

But it was already too late. Luckily, Macy came back shortly after. "No answer. He's lucky. I swear I would have castrated him! Give me your phone."

hayley: lets play butcher

hayley: ill chop your dick off

"Oh my god!"

-

what do we think about macy?

what's wrong with mikey?

the next chapter will be very interesting. . . 

~lauren