3.6

Calum                                      

He felt bad. Like, Calum felt really, really terrible for getting her drunk. With the now almost empty bottle, she swayed next to him, steadying herself by gripping at his arm. He never meant for this to happen, and although Calum had found it funny at first, now he was feeling guilty and scared. Would she hate him for getting her drunk?

"I know, I know," she giggled. "I know for sure."

Calum looked at the girl whose hand he kept safe in his. Sighing, he wondered how he was ever going to get her home, praying to whoever would hear that her mum wouldn't be home. He would be judged and judged and never get to see her again, probably.

"Couple billion in'th whole wide world."

She was going on and on about this song she'd been drunkenly humming for the past ten minutes. Calum knew she was into whatever pop music and although he'd found it annoying at first, he'd grown to find it cute. It was a just so Hayley. And he liked her, and all the little things about her.

"Alright, alright," Calum joked, stopping. "Get on." He turned so that Hayley could jump onto his back.

"Why?"

"Because you can't walk properly, and I don't want you falling over."

"Fine," she pouted, clumsily crawling onto his back.

"You okay?"

"Dandy."

The walk back to the block of flats was much easier when Calum didn't need to make sure she didn't fall over every other step she took. There was something vibrating against him, and Calum stopped.

"Hayley?"

"It's my phone, pervert."

"I wasn't suggesting anything, you're the one with the dirty mind."

"You're mean."

Letting her get off of his back, Calum reached for her phone before she could.

"Hey-" Hayley glared at him, pushing his arm. "That's mine!"

"You're too drunk to answer," he said, pressing the red button.

"M'not. If I am s'your fault, you got me th'drink."

Calum quickly put his arm around her waist as she tripped on the seemingly flat ground. "I'm taking you to my flat to sober you up, okay?"

"Calum, I kissed Michael."

"You what?" Calum tried hard not to let her drunken slur get to him, and focused on reaching his flat before things got any worse and she'd fall over or something. To his surprise, Calum found his flat being unlocked when they reached the door.

"We've been expecting you," Ashton's voice was heard from the lounge.

Of course, Calum had forgot to chuck his friends out of the flat before he left. Had they been there the whole time, waiting for him to get back?

"Hey muffin, did you kiss on the first date?" Luke laughed, and there was the sound of hands slapping.

Calum struggled to get Hayley through the door, his hand holding her by the waist, and her arm around his neck.

Unexpectedly, a certain redheaded boy glaring from Calum to Hayley as he saw the two stepping into the room. He stared and stared, in disbelief as he tried to take in the scene in front of him. "Calum, what the fuck? She's drunk."

Calum literally felt an arrow of pain shoot through his chest. "Michael, leave," he said. How dared Michael even step a foot in his flat after lying to him about not wanting to make a move on Hayley, when according to her, they'd already kissed each other? "You told me you hadn't done anything, yet she's saying you've kissed?"

"Michael m'very drunk," Hayley confirmed, as if everyone in the room hadn't been able to figure that out already.

There was a moment of silence, the three boys staring at Calum in disbelief. Michael frowned. "I'm so fucking disappointed. What the fuck have you done to her?"

Calum, on the verge of tears, let the girl in his arms sit down in one of the chairs. "I honestly didn't think she would get this bad."

"She's a mess. Why would you let her drink after what happened to you? Did you lose all of your brain cells when you drank all of tha-"

"Mikey shut up," Luke growled, clearly not wanting to hear about the time Calum ended up in A&E with alcohol poisoning. "She'll be fine, she just needs to sleep it off."

"This is so fucked up," Michael muttered, brushing his hands through his red hair, sucking in a long breath.

Since when had Michael become the most sensible out of the four of them? Calum had blinked and the almost punk had become this guy who didn't drink, didn't sleep around, had quit smoking; he suddenly didn't do any of the things he used to do anymore.

Hayley swayed in her seat. "Calum said he's gonna tuck me into bed. Like a little girl," Hayley jutted her lower lip, frowning. "M'not a little girl, Mikey."

"You act like one," he shot at her, rolling his eyes.

"I feel fucking sad now, duckhead," she told the green-eyed boy, sniffling silently. "I'm mad at you for getting my best friend pregnant. I'm so fucking angry, okay? You need to be th-there for her and care for 'em."

"Well, she's not keeping it," he mumbled. The boy looked genuinely sad, breaking the hearts of everyone in the room as they all fell silent.

Calum placed a glass of water at the table in front of Hayley.

"We should probably leave," Luke suggested, nudging Ashton in the side.

Michael was still looking as if the world had ended and he hated everyone and everything, which Calum guessed was only fair. They had been best friends once, and Calum had made a promise not to mess up whatever he had with Hayley. Bringing her home drunk surely wasn't what Michael had meant. Then again, if the drunken girl was telling the truth, they'd kissed. And that really pissed Calum off.

"Mike?"

"Yeah?"

"Have you actually kissed or what is she slurring about?"

"It didn't mean anything. It was a mistake," Michael said, head hanging low. "I promise"

The three friends left Hayley and Calum alone. It was silent. Hayley sipped the water slowly, some spilling down her chin as her unsteady hands tipped the glass too much. Calum felt awkward, and kept his eyes away. What was he supposed to say to her?

"Cal?"

"Yeah?"

"I like you more than I like Michael."

He licked his lower lip, pulling it into his mouth. "Tell me that tomorrow, when you're sober." Calum wished she would be able to tell him that, he really did. But then again, sober lips didn't always tell the truth.

-

hey babes
kind of a filler but at least i posted
ily guys and hope you're all feeling christmassy yay

thank you for 200k im still wondering how or why so many read this wow
~lauren