2.1

Hayley

"I'm such a fuck up." Calum wiped his eyes with his sleeve, tears still flowing.

Yes he was, Hayley thought. For having sleeping with Alyssa when he knew she was downstairs. But then again, she was a fuck up, too "So am I."

 Hayley was feeling a bit dizzy and emotional. She was having cramps still –luckily they were sort of hiding behind the numb feeling caused by alcohol. "Why did you?"

"I don't know."

"Do you love her?"

"I don't know," he sobbed again, looking lost and confused.

His sobs were making Hayley cry as well. She moved closer to him, head leaning against his shoulder. "You're making me cry."

"It's my party and I'll cry if I want to."

She'd messed up his shirt. There were black smudges by his collarbone, Hayley realised as she lifted her head up. "Your shirt is ruined."

"You look like a panda." He sniffled, wiping one of the dark stains from her cheek. It only resulted in her smudging it out even more.

As much as she wanted to stay outside with Calum, she really had to go. "I need to find a damn bathroom."

"Fine. Leave me here."

"You left me first."

After that, he stayed silent.

Inside, it was dark apart from a sharp flashing light and the music was still blasting high. It really didn't help that Hayley was already feeling dizzy – if anything, the flashes only made Hayley feel worse. The bathroom was only a few steps away; she'd almost made it. That was, of course when a voice calling her name pulled her back.

"Hayley!"

She turned around to see Alyssa, staring back at her with a shocked expression on her face. "What?" Hayley asked, her tone raw and harsh.

"Are you alright? What's happened?"

"I'm fine. Found Calum. He's outside." Hayley had to struggle not to throw up or anything. She figured speaking as little as possible would help. Alyssa made her way outside, and Hayley closed the door behind her.

Sitting down at the edge of the bathtub, she broke down crying. Alyssa was with Calum now. She was going outside to comfort him. She was going to be the one in his bed tonight, and she would be there when he woke up. Just thinking about it made her feel worse. No longer knowing where or what was hurting – if it was her body or her soul – Hayley rummaged through her purse for the painkillers she had put down.

Cupping her hand under the running sink, she swallowed the pills. The wrapper ended up somewhere on the floor. She had to steady herself, holding on to the sink as she cried some more. The image in the mirror wasn't nice – she looked a mess, and instantly regretted wearing the dark eye make up. Fuck, she regretted ever even going to the party in the first place.

There was a bang on the door, and then it swung open. Michael stood there, watching her for a bit before he locked the door behind him. Somewhere between crying at him to get out and telling him why she was upset, they had ended up sitting on the cold floor, backs against the bathtub.

"C'mon. I'll walk you home, babe."

He was convinced he should walk her home, but Hayley refused. There was no way. "I can't go home."

"Why not?"

"Birthday sex," she mumbled, still sniffling. She didn't want to know. Didn't want to hear it again. "I don't want to hear it again. I can't."

"Okay, then let's stay 'ere. Got me Jack. Fuck Calum, fuck all th' problems we have."

He leaned his head against her shoulder, and she put her head to his, reaching for the drink in his hand. She took a mouthful, crying some more at how god-awful the taste was.

"Michael?"

"Yeah?"

"Are y'alright?"

"No." He shook his head, wiping at his eye.

"Can we hide in here forever?"

"Yes."

They sat there, sharing the drink. People were knocking on the door, and as the banging got angrier, Michael took Hayley's hand to help her stand up. They almost fell over, both unsteady on their feet, laughing at each other.

"If you don't want to go home, where should we go?" he murmured, his nose and lips pressing into her cheek.

"Away." Hayley said. "I want to go away."

"Where?"

"Nar- " she started, holding onto his shoulders. "Narnia."

"Okay. Let's go to Narnia," he laughed softly.

-

sorry it's so short oops

birthday sex? narnia with michael?

ily guys

~lauren