0.7

Calum

Calum woke up, confused and feeling a bit rough. It took him some time to recall where he was, and once he had, he was freaking out. He had fallen asleep. If there was one time teleportation would be very useful, this was it. Squeezing his eyes shut, Calum wished he could just disappear.

He wasn't sure why or at what point he had ended up in her room. Well, he kind of did, but as he was sobering up, reality seemed more like a dream. For some reason he was laying with his legs over hers, his head on a pillow that smelled sweetly of flowers and sugar.

He knew he had been talking – a lot – but wasn't sure about what or whether or not he had said anything inappropriate. Was she judging him? Had he talked in his sleep? Shit. What if he had been snoring?

As if he hadn't embarrassed himself enough already.

"I think my mum has gone to bed," she spoke. "So you can leave."

From where he was laying, Calum could only see her silhouette in the dark room. He sat up next to her, legs crossed. "I'm sorry, you know."

"It's fine, don't worry."

"I didn't say anything bad, did I?"

She pretended to think, putting a finger to her chin. "You're Calum Hood. Your favourite colour is green, and Green Day is your favourite band. You live alone with your mum upstairs, play guitar and bass; your favourite food is spaghetti. You don't like it when Chinese restaurants give you chopsticks, because you can't eat with them," she said, recollecting the list of things he had given her a few hours earlier.

This girl was a good listener. She had caught all of his drunken nonsense, while he still knew next to nothing about her. Calum felt bad, and made a mental note of eventually asking her the same questions. At some point, he wanted to recite her favourite things as well.

"Oh, and you're a virgin," she added. "But apparently your friend is helping you with that."

Calum felt his heart jump out of his chest. Fucking hell. Nope. Had he actually told her that? Cringing, he mentally punched himself in the face for being an idiot. He'd ruined it now. Oh great.

"That's not true, like, you know... People say studding things when tipsy and stuff, yeah?"

Michael, Luke and Ashton would never have stopped laughing if they knew about this. He'd practically just committed social suicide, telling her that. While Calum was planning his own funeral, Hayley spoke to fill the silence.

"Aren't your friends still upstairs?"

"Is that your way of telling me to leave?" he joked, but all he really wanted to do was to leave the room he'd been spending the last few hours in. Leaving sounded like the best thing right now. Leave and never ever come back. Ever. It was a good thing she couldn't see him blushing in the dim light.

Hayley shrugged, jokily. "Yeah, pretty much."

She tiptoed over to the door, opening slowly. After having listened for a bit, she decided her mum had gone to sleep and it was time for Calum to make his escape.

"Feels like mission impossible, huh?"

"Something like that," she whispered, quietly walking out into the lounge. Hayley looked around and gestured for Calum to follow.

As they stood in the hallway, Calum was unsure whether or not he felt sad about possibly not seeing her again. His feet felt a bit twisty and he moved his teeth over his lower lip, not knowing what to say to her. "Well then," he said. "It was nice meeting you."

"Likewise."

He put his hand out. "Thanks for being so cool about this. I'm really sorry," Calum apologised for what felt like the n-th time that night.

"Don't worry."

There was an awkward hand shake, and then Hayley slid her hand back into the pocket of her jeans. He wondered if his palm had felt sweaty or if the expression she wore was just her resting face.

"Bye," he told her, and then he was out the door. Not quite still believing what had happened, Calum had to take a moment to collect his thoughts before walking up the stairs to his own flat.

It was quiet. Luke was on the sofa, hand covering his face as he breathed heavily. Michael was half-sitting underneath him, Lukes legs all over. Ashton sat on the floor, head resting between his knees. Drunk, drunker and the drunkest.

"Hey," Ashton said, his voice low. "You alright?"

"Yeah," Calum nodded, glad that both Luke and Michael were asleep. He didn't want to deal with the questions he most likely would have received had they been up to see him come back.

"You look a bit down, mate. Like you sold your best guitar and lost the money. What happened?"

"Nothing."

"No, I get that. Just in general."

Calum sighed at the way Ashton seemed to take for granted he hadn't had sex with the girl. Well, it hadn't exactly been his goal to, anyway. He just wanted to get to know her. Which also had been a failure. "We talked. I talked. I'm not sure. I'm an idiot, basically."

"You were there for a good few hours though. She couldn't have hated your company, if she didn't she'd have kicked you out, right?"

"I fell asleep," Calum said, slapping his hand to his forehead in reflex as he was reminded of his failure. "So fucking stupid."

"Oh," Ashton said, trying hard not to crack up. "What, was she just sat there watching you?"

"Stop making it sound creepy! Why didn't you guys stop me from going?"

"Cause it was funny."

"I'm not talking to you anymore," Calum said, throwing himself face down on the empty sofa. He was already feeling stupid. He didn't want anybody rubbing it in his face. It was too soon.

Ashton just laughed, waking both Michael and Luke up.

"What are you two on about?" Michael complained, rubbing his eyes and moving his body from where he was, almost buried underneath Luke. "Keep it down, m'trying to sleep!"

"What Mikey said," Luke agreed, rolling over to lie on his back. "This so uncomfortable! Calum, cuddle?"

Before Calum could respond, a tall blonde boy was cuddled up against him

"Ash­– Ashton," Mikey grunted. "We forgot to give him th'uhh– condoms."

With his head against Lukes, Calum pretended to have fallen asleep. He was still upset by the fact that his friends hadn't stopped him from going down there drunk, and didn't want to hear anything else about his nightly adventure.

-

HEY

so i kinda have the sleepy 5sos feels today, maybe you can tell

calum do u always drunkenly tell people ur a virgin or?

what a babe

comment/like and all that, love you guys

~lauren