0.6

Hayley

"Hey," said the boy from a few days ago.

He was at her door - again. Hayley was sort of starting to get bothered by it. Sure, maybe she should know how to keep it down, but who did he think he was to point out to her that she was bad at singing?

"You're always singing," he stated.

"Sorry," she said, but wasn't sure if she really was sorry. Tonight the guys upstairs had been noisy as well, and just to annoy them, she'd been a bit louder than usual. The fact that he was a bit red across his cheeks and nose didn't surprise her. She had heard them clink around with bottles.

As he stood there in her doorway, Hayley studied him. He was steadying himself against the wall, his feet tapping out of rhythm. His eyes were hazy, two big and round pupils wandering about. There was an evident smell of cheap beer stuck to his clothes.

"Are you okay?" she asked. Usually, Hayley wasn't the one who would judge, but the boy in front of her looked silly, smiling widely. He was obviously the type of drunk who got really excitable. And at the same time he was sort of cute - she had to admit.

"I guess," he said, shrugging. "M'not sure."

"Okay..?"

The boy locked his eyes with hers. "Can I come in?"

Hayley was very confused. She didn't even know the boy and he was already inviting himself into her flat? What kind of game was he playing? His friends were still upstairs. Was it a dare?

"I don't really know you, so–"

"Calum."

"Sorry?"

"My name. It's Calum. What's yours?"

"Hayley."

"I knew that already, Mikey told me." He giggled. "D'you wanna hang out?" Before she could even respond to the question, Calum was halfway into the lounge. "Just for a bit?"

Closing the door, she was trying to make up a plan on how to get this drunken boy out of her flat. She was properly freaking out. What the hell? Technically this should count as a break in. Right? Calum seemed fairly harmless, though.

Hayley watched as he settled down on the sofa, leaning back and cuddling himself into the pillows. She sat down as well, hopeful that he wouldn't be difficult to deal with.

There was a twist of the lock, causing Hayley to fly up from where she was seated.

"My mum's back. You need to leave." Hayley said, as she pulled at Calum's hand to get him to stand up.

"I'm fine here. Why?" he asked, confused and eyes brown and round like a lost puppy.

"I need to get rid of you." she hissed, wishing the boy would comply. He was heavier than he looked.

"No, please. I'm  fine right here."

Hayley struggled, wishing the boy had been a bit less, well, intoxicated. Practically pushing the drunken boy into her room, she prayed he would be smart enough to be quiet.

"That escalated quickly," he said, giggling at his own joke.

"Shh!"

"Oh, shh!" he agreed, nodding.

"Hey mum," Hayley smiled as she left her room to see her mother and pretend that everything was fine and that she wasn't hiding a drunk teenage boy in her room. Thank fuck the lights were dimmed - the beads of sweat at her forehead and her red cheeks wouldn't give her away. "I think I'm going to bed early tonight."