Chapter 21

Ava

I jolt awake.

My room is pitch black, the only light that creeps in coming from under my door from the hallway.

Cameron and Mike must be up then which shocks me since usually I'm up before them, already have eaten breakfast and out the door.

Groggy, I sit up, wincing when blood rushes to my head, a migraine settling between my eyes. Nausea turns in my stomach but I ignore it, swinging my legs off the bed and running my hands down my face.

I feel like I was hit by a fucking semi-truck. Again.

My body weighs thousands of pounds as I try to stand, practically tumbling into the wall when I try and take a step. The room spins when I open my door, not bothering to grab my hearing aids.

God, I feel so fucking sick. Like when you're so hungry you feel like you'd rather throw up instead of eating.

I use the wall as support as I drag my ass down the hall, resting my forehead against it for a moment.

Tiny elves must have crept into my head last night with a fucking sledge hammer and decided to bang the living shit out of me.

I groan. My whole body feels like it's gonna explode.

Mike snickers behind me before going back to his room but I ignore him, giving him the finger over my shoulder which I immediately regret when I learn my arm has become dead weight.

And that's when everything rushes back to me from last night. Going out for drinks, dancing, Cameron walking me home, me changing and him walking in. I cringe.

He saw my boobs. Cameron motherfucking Wyatt saw my titties.

Heat scales my face and I hold the urge to bash my fucking head against the wall. Fuck. He saw my fucking boobs! My boobs!

I sniffle, holding in tears that threaten to make an appearance. He's going to be so mad. All he was trying to do was help me but no, my dumb ass had to remove my shirt and bra at the exact moment he walked in.

It's fine. You can move out, hop on a plane to Mexico and you never have to see him again. Change your name and dye your hair, start a smoothie stand on the side of the road to provide for you and your pet lizard-

You're an embarrassment, Ava. To everyone around you. Maybe mom was right. Huh. Never thought I'd say that.

Taking a deep breath, I try to calm down but can't help the quivering of my chin as I make my way into the small living room, plopping myself down on the couch.

Cameron sits on the other end, shock twisting his face before he blinks it away. His laptop is balanced in his lap, pencil pinched between his thumb and pointer finger.

Huh. I've never seen those before. "I didn't know you wear glasses."

Shit, that's kind of hot. A deep, rich brown frame outlines the circular frames-or are they rectangular?

His blondish hair falls over his ears, waves of loose curls shooting upright on his head, like he just rolled out of bed.

Cameron blinks, blushing slightly. "Ah, only when I'm using my laptop for excessive amounts of time."

"Oh. Well, they look good." Way to make it even more awkward, Ava.

He tilts his head at me, eyes trailing over my face, narrowing in on my red eyes and puffy nose. "How are you feeling? Do you need any more Tylenol-"

"I'm sorry." I blurt, my hands flailing through the air. "I'm so sorry about last night."

Cameron shakes his head, amusement tipping his lips upward. "It's okay-"