Chapter Six

I watched as Demarko's navy blue car parked into the driveway. I saw a smile grow on Eliot's face and I frowned. Eliot tried convincing me it wasn't a date but of course it was. I know Demarko. I'd say some stupid stuff like, "My mother's favorite vase broke," or something around that area. How many freaking times does his mother's favorite vase have to break to get Demarko a date? Damn, he was good.

            "He's here!" Mom squealed.

            He got to my mom.

            Eliot threw on her jacket and raced outside, leaping into his car. Demarko waved his hand out of the window and waved right at me. That freaking bastard. I grabbed my jacket about to step out of the house when someone pinched my ear and yanked me back, "OW!"

            "Where do you think you're going?"

            "Mom!"

            She released my ear and I clutched it, trying to stop the pain, "I know what you're about to do, young man and I'm not allowing it."

            "What? I was going to the library,"

            Mom crossed her arms over her chest, perching her lips, "Yeah, right. I know you're going to the mall to mess up Eliot's first date. Leave the poor girl alone."

            "Why on earth would I do that? I have a girlfriend, Mom." I stated, lying through my teeth.

            "That doesn't stop anyone." Mom frowned.

            Jackie ran past. Nick was chasing her again. She came around again and I lifted her up and tripped Nick. She laughed, "Haha! In your face, pedophile!"

            Mom shook her finger in Jackie's face, "Bad, Jackie! We don't call people 'pedophiles' okay?"

            "But Liam says it."

            "No, I don't!" I argued. This little girl was so evil. Everything she did, she'd blame it on me. Do you know how much I get in trouble because of her? You don't even want to know.

            "He also calls the neighbors dog a 'bitch'"

            Okay, the neighbor's dog is a bitch. That is just a fact.

            Mom gasped, "This is what you teach your six year old sister?"

            "No, Mom. Jackie you know that word is bad."

            "What word? Dog? Or bitch?"

            Mom gasped again, "Oh, for the love of God! Stop saying that word!"

            Nick sat up, "What does 'bitch' mean?"

            Mom gasped again. I think she's about to faint, "OKAY! I'm taking Jackie to the library and going to teach her better words, alright?"

            Mom glared at me, "When you get home, we going to have a very long talk."

            "I think I deserve that," I muttered.

            "Oh, you deserve so much more." She snapped.

            "Yeah, I know but you're like the best parent ever! And I love you so much, Mommy!"

            Mom's eyes narrowed, "Shut the hell up." She stomped away and I sighed as the tension vanished from the room. All that tension was seeping out of my mom's butt. I yanked Jackie outside with me.