Chapter Sixteen

Eliot's POV

            Liam took a seat across from Jenny, poking his burger with his index finger. I took a bite out of mine, enjoying something for once. Liam was glancing at Jenny to me, constantly, like we were about to cat fight our way into his heart. Yeah, right. Jenny and I are somewhat friends now. Even though we hated each other at first, she was pretty cool after she stops bitching. I think after I had punched her, we had a mutual bond of not fucking with me. I wanted to reassure Liam that everything was going to be okay. At least for the next couple of days.

            I made the decision to leave. After the dance of course and that was only because of Ava. I would have to leave sometime anyway because the Gold family hadn't even adopted me. And who would want to adopt a freaking seventeen year old who was messing around with their son?

            Demarko shifted in his seat, "Did you guys hear that Mr. Ross is retiring?"

            I glanced at Jenny, who had jolted upward when she heard Mr. Ross. My guess was proven a long time ago that Jenny was fouling around with the young and hot Chemistry teacher while playing it hard to get with Liam. No wonder the poor boy was confused about where his relationship with Jenny was. Even Jenny didn't know but in some way, she cheated on him.

            "Does anyone know why?" She asked.

            Demarko shrugged, "He didn't say but tomorrow's his last day."

            "Oh,"

            I finished my burger while everyone else's plate was full still. Jenny pulled her phone out, "I have to call my mom. I'll be right back." She left the kitchen.

            "Eliot, who are you going to the dance with?" Random question, Demarko.

            Liam answered, "She's going to with."

            Demarko raised an eyebrow, "That's cool,"

            I heard faint shouting. I turned toward the window and saw Jenny shouting into her cell phone on the porch, "I'm going to check on her, okay?"

            The boys shrugged starting a conversation about football. I went to the porch and listened to her.

            "How could you do this to me? I love you, John." The other end must have gone dead because she had a confused look on her face, "John?" She sighed and put the phone away.

            A tear escaped her eye and she furiously wiped it away, "Like what you heard?"

            "Was that Mr. Ross?"

            She nodded, choking back a sob, "He's leaving for good. He's transferring schools so he can let me go. Apparently, I'm not good enough for him," Her hands formed into fists, "I gave him everything, Eliot. Every last innocence of mine and he just used it and ran. I bet he'll do it to another girl."

            "I'm sorry,"

            "No, you're not. You're happy, I can tell. Now, I have no one. I knew John was going to leave me so I had Liam but you came and took him away from me. I hate you, Eliot. I fucking hate you."

            I kept my cool, "Hate me all you want but I've been through your shit. People you love always leave you so if it makes you sleep easier at night; I'm leaving after the dance. Keep Liam but if you hurt him, sleep with an eye open, you spoiled bitch. And since this stupid bet is over and Mr. Ross is fucking gone, go tell Liam the fucking truth about Mr. Ross. He needs to know why you've been playing with his mind the entire time."