Chapter Seventeen

Liam's POV

            I sauntered beside Jenny, shoulders hunched. I kicked a rock over and sighed. Why is that every time things go well with Eliot, they crumple down before me. Maybe I'm crazy but I'm crazy about Eliot. And I want her with me.

            We stumbled up the steps to Jenny's house. Her hand paused on the doorknob and she turned back to me, looking sad, "It's really over between us, isn't it?"

            I nodded. I didn't want to talk to her.

            "Don't get mad at me but since you and Eliot aren't going to the dance together, can we? I don't want to go as a couple or anything. Just friends." Her eyes never met mine.

            "That would work if I was your friend. Get this through your head, Jenny, I never want to deal with your bullshit ever again. I'm not your friend and won't ever be." I snapped.

            She opened her mouth to say something but I walked off. I felt good to tell Jenny off. She deserved it.

            The only thing that mattered to me was Eliot. I just needed her to realize it. I pushed through the front door, about to head straight upstairs to Eliot's room. I stomped past the living room only to stop and find Eliot and Demarko sitting side by side on the couch, watching TV. It pissed me off that Demarko could manage to get Eliot out of her room. Sometimes I wish I was as sleek as him.

            I watched as Demarko tilted Eliot's chin upward toward his face. His eyes began to close and Eliot wasn't backing away. Was this her way at getting back at me? My heart began to pound furiously in my ears. Before I could distingue right from wrong, I ran at Demarko, grabbed him by the collar and socked him in the face.

Eliot's POV

            Liam has officially lost his mind.

            First he goes and plays tongue of war with Jenny and now he punches Demarko in the face for no reason. Demarko smashed onto the floor and Liam jumped on top of him, throwing punches like crazy. I gripped Liam by the shoulders, trying to pull him off. I grabbed Liam's head and forced him to look at me. I stared into his dark emerald eyes, "Please calm down."

            "You were going to kiss him, weren't you?" Liam's shoulders sagged, hands still in fists but no longer hitting Demarko.

            "I... maybe. I don't know." I responded. I wasn't going to kiss Demarko. It wouldn't be right. At least I know what's right from wrong.

            He forced his eyes away from me and I think I saw something watery in them.

            I took a deep breath, "Liam, I don't think this is going to work." My heart cracked as I said those words. I choked a little bit.

            I think I saw a tear escape Liam's eye but he quickly wiped his face and fingered his dark hair back. He got off Demarko, still not looking at me, "Get the fuck out, Demarko. I'm done with you."

            With that, Liam turned away and sauntered away. He didn't turn back once as I called him.

            Demarko leaned on his elbow, gripping his jaw in pain, "I'm never gonna try to kiss you again if it ends with that."

            Tears were filling my eyes, "Why d-did you... try that?" I choked out.

            Demarko sat up, leaning on his palm. He wiped my tears away, lingering his fingers on my cheek, "What does his reaction tell you, Eliot?"

            "He... hates you."

            "No... actually yes but other then that, he loves you."

            I choked at that. Yeah right.

            "GET THE HELL OUT OF MY HOUSE, DEMARKO!" Liam yelled from upstairs, slamming a door in the process.

            Demarko winked at me and kissed my forehead, "Make things right, babe."

            He got up, wincing and left.