Chapter Thirteen

Eliot's POV

            I watched Liam kick the tent and call it stupid. I heard him growl and he dropped to the floor, giving up.

            "Need some help?" I smirked at him.

            He nodded and we started to put the tent together again, "So, I'm guessing you asked Aunt Ava to bring us here. Since when do you like camping?"

            I didn't ask to go camping. I had called Ava and asked her to take me to a new home. I didn't want to be here anymore. I got too attached to Liam. But Ava decided to do this camping trip to give me time to think it through. Since next week was the dance, she also wanted me to go to my only dance. I agreed but now, being near Liam makes me want to run the hell away from here as fast as I can.

            "Yeah, I just love camping." I lied.

            He smiled, "We should do it some time. Just us."

            I didn't reply.  All I knew was that this was going to be a long weekend.

Liam's POV

            My family settled around the campfire. My dad was telling a ghost story as my mom made S'mores for everyone. Jackie was scared, sitting between Eliot and I. I kept glancing at her to see if she was scared but she seemed unfazed by the story. My phone vibrated in my pocket. I turned to Aunt Ava, "I'm going to go pee."

            "Don't mess up the porty potty, okay? There's only one and I'm not going in there if you drop the poop BOMB of the century." She muttered.

            "Okay, even that grosses me out." I shuddered, walking away. I pulled my phone out of my pocket when I was out of ears range.

            I had a missed call from Jenny. I called her back.

            "Liam?"

            "Hey, Jenny."

            I heard her sigh, "I haven't heard from you in awhile. I wanted to see if you wanted to hang out this weekend."

            "Can't. I'm at a camping trip with my family."

            She whispered, "Is Eliot there?"

            "Yeah, are you guys cool?"

            "Of course. Promise me something, Liam."

            I shoved my free hand into my pocket, "Anything,"

            "Don't let the girl you love get away from you. Promise me you won't let her get away." She pleaded.

            Was she talking about Eliot? "I promise I won't."

            "Good," I felt her smile, "Have fun camping."

            She hung up before I could say anything. I shoved my phone into my pocket. I looked at the campfire and watched Eliot. I promised I wouldn't let her get away. Does that mean she's trying to?

COMMENT

VOTE

FAN!!