Chapter Ten

Eliot's POV

            I sat in Chemistry, arms crossed over my chest just when Jenny came and sat down next to me. I glanced at her and frowned. Have you ever hated someone so much just by looking at them you feel like stabbing something? I feel that way about Jenny.

            "You know Liam is going around saying you made-out with him. Actually, he said 'she threw her cat at me!'" She mimicked his voice, which was surprisingly close to the actual.

            "I'm not throwing cats at him," I replied.

            "But you did kiss him? Did you forget about the bet?"

            "It's like you want me to win, Jenny. Do you want me to tell everyone about you and our teacher?" I asked.

            Her eyes narrowed, "That's not what I meant, Eliot. Don't forget about the bet. It looks like you're falling for him. Hard. And I promise you, he will break your heart like he broke all those others before you."

            "And what about your heart?"

            Her eyes twinkled, "You don't get it. Liam likes running after girls. I'm the only girl who didn't fall for his charms since elementary school. And I still haven't. But you have."

            "I haven't, retard. Why do you care anyway?"

            "As much as you hate me, I don't want you to get hurt by him."

            My eyes narrowed, "Like you'd care if I got hurt."

            Jenny stood up and crossed her arms over her chest, "I'm trying to be nice here_"

            "Who asked you to be?" I snapped. She huffed and left.

            I slumped in my seat as class started. Maybe I was overreacting but how dare she even assume that I liked Liam. I don't. People you love always leave you. I should know. After forty horrific minutes of boring Chemistry, the bell finally rang. I hurried out of my seat. Waiting outside the classroom for me was Liam.

            "Hi," I muttered and he grabbed me, wrapping his arms around me.

            "Hey, babe." He whispered in the crook of my neck, "Do you wanna go out for lunch today?"

            "Sure," He intertwined his fingers with mine and dragged me along with him.

            We settled under a tree at the school yard. I chewed on my sandwich as he grinned sheepishly at me. He had something planned up his sleeves and I didn't like it.

Liam's POV

            I couldn't wait to ask her. Two weeks from now was the annual Homecoming Dance. Just thinking about seeing her in a dress was going to be exciting. I had something fun up my sleeve.

            "What?" She asked, pushing her hair behind her ear.

            I noticed that I was just staring at her the whole time. I glanced down at my lunch, "Nothing."

            She arched an eyebrow and shrugged, "Whatever then."

            I saw my friends coming in our direction and I got up.

            "Where are you going?"

            I grabbed her hand and yanked her up, pushing her against the tree. I held her there and smiled, "I just wanted to... uh... kiss you." I pecked her lips.

            Her eyes narrowed, "You're acting weird, Liam. I don't like that."

            "You act like I'm going to rape you."

            "Are you planning on raping me?"

            I smirked and whispered seductively in her ear, "It's not rape if you like it."

            I pulled back and saw redness spread across her cheeks, "This is the first time you actually blushed. It's cute. You're cute." I lightly touched her red cheeks. They were so soft.

            I heard someone clear their throat and I turned around, "I have a surprise for you, Eliot."

            She peeked her head up and gasped. My friends were in a row and on their chest was painted a letter. All the way across it read: D.A.N.C.E.?

            She looked at me and grinned, "Of course I'll go with you."

            I hugged her and my friend's high fived each other.

Eliot's POV

            Liam ran off with his friends and I was standing there, speechless. Did he really just ask me to the dance?

            "I don't believe this," Jenny muttered behind me.

            I turned to her and frowned, "What?"

            "It's too easy. It's like he's throwing himself at you. Something is wrong."

            "He just likes me more than you. Get over it." I scowled.

            Jenny shook her head, "You're so blind."

            "And you're deaf," I retorted.

            She gave me a look that said whatever. I ignored her and turned back to see Liam throw his head back, laughing with his friends. Jenny might be right. All this was way too easy.

            Something is off and I'm going to find out what.

COMMENT

VOTE

FAN

COMMENT!!