Chapter Eleven

Liam's POV

            This is too easy, I thought. I twirled spaghetti around my fork. I noticed Eliot kept glancing at me, nervously. What was she nervous about? Eliot finished her plate and raced out the dining room. Jackie rocked her chair back and frowned at me, "What did you do to her?"

            "What?" Why was I always blamed if something was wrong with Eliot?

            She jumped off the chair and came over to me, "Meany." And punched me in the kneecap. Chicks, man.

            I got up when I heard someone knocking on the door.

            "Get the door, Liam!" Mom called from the kitchen.

            "I was going to anyway," I muttered back.

            Mom poked her head out of kitchen, "What did you say?"

            I smiled, "Nothing,"

            Her eyes narrowed, "Damn straight you said nothing." She went back into the kitchen and I went and opened the door. A woman with long brunette hair stood before me. She didn't look familiar. A man with dark hair and small eyes smiled warmly at me. The woman looked nervous.

            "Zach! M&M, how are you guys?" Dad grinned, shoving me aside.

            The woman smiled, "I go by Emma now but we're doing good. Um... are you sure Tedi is okay with me being here?"

            "Of course," Dad's grin grew.

            Zach looked down and whispered, "It's okay, Adrian. They're nice people." I hadn't noticed the little boy attached to Zach's leg. He chuckled, "He gets scared around new people."

            Dad laughed, "You should have seen Liam when he was little. He used to bite people."

            Emma laughed and patted my head, "Wow, he looks just like you did when you were seventeen. Ah, remember those days?"

            Dad's Adam's apple bobbed, "Yes,"

            I moved aside as Dad led them to the living room. I followed them, interested to figure out what happened between Emma and Mom.

            Mom stepped out of the kitchen, wiping her hands with a towel. She froze as her gaze landed on Emma and Zach. Emma stood up, "Hi, Tedi."

            Mom sucked in a harsh breath, "Jack..."

Damn, the tension can be cut with a knife.

            "Why don't you two go into the kitchen and talk?" Dad flicked through the channels and turned up the volume for the football game. Mom turned on her heel and rushed back into the kitchen as Emma hesitated but followed her.

            The tension followed them to the kitchen.

            I took a seat next to Dad, "Holy shit. What happened between them?"

            Dad shrugged, "Who knows?"

            Zach laughed, "You know, Jack. It was you."

            "Wow, don't blame me."

            Zach picked up his son and set him on his lap, "Emma liked you and tried to get you guys back together when Scott was between you guys. Remember that? Apparently, they got into some big argument and they never spoke after that."

            "No wonder Tedi didn't send an invitation to her, I had to."

            "Yep, it's all your fault."

            Dad sighed, "Thanks,"

Eliot's POV

            I heard people downstairs. I didn't want to go down there. I didn't want to go anywhere near Liam right now.

            I haven't stopped thinking about him.... Couldn't stop thinking about his lips on mine. Those dark blue eyes. The way his fingers ran across my body gently as if scared to break me.

            I'm scared of what I might do if I'm near him. I might just lose it and BAM, I'm pregnant. Hell, its hard to stop when those lips and hands are on you.

            I flipped onto my back and frowned. I was lying on the floor even though there was a comforting bed awaiting me. The floor actually felt more comfortable.

            My door squeaked open and I turned my head to the side to see. Liam stepped in, "Hey,"

            "Hi," I turned away from him. The floor board squeaked as he settled beside me. He intertwined his fingers with mine and laid down beside me.

            "What's wrong?"

            I rolled my shoulders, "Nothing. I'm just tired."

            "Hm,"

            "Who's downstairs?"

            Liam smirked, "Some of my parent's old friends."

            I sat up and stared at him. Forgetting the bet, I muttered, "Why did you ask me to the dance?"

            "Because I like you."

            "Do you really?"

            He sat up and pulled our intertwined fingers up to his face. He kissed my hand, "Of course. Why are you questioning it?"

            "Don't you think we're moving fast?"

            "Do you feel that way?" He asked back.

            I bit my lip, "You tell me,"

            He sighed, "I don't think we're moving fast. Going to the dance is going to prove our relationship. If you don't want to go, you don't have to."

            I rested my head against his shoulder, "I'll go. Just don't hurt me."

            He wrapped his arms around me, "I would never hurt you."

Liam's POV

            Half of me felt like I was lying to her and the other half felt like I was telling the truth. I want to believe that I was telling the truth but... shit.

            "Take a picture." Someone muttered.

            "SHH!"

            I opened my eyes and saw my mother standing over us snapping pictures. I looked down and saw Eliot's head resting on my chest, sound asleep.

            I groaned, "MOM!"

            "Hey, it wasn't my idea. Blame Emma." Mom pointed to her friend.

            Emma laughed, "Oh relax, you guys are too cute."

            When am I ever going to get some privacy in this house?

COMMENT

VOTE

FAN!!!!!!!!!

AND ALSO VOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!