Chapter Eighteen

Eliot's POV

            Liam has been giving me the silent treatment for the past two days. For two days, he hasn't even looked my way. I shouldn't care because I was the one who broke it off but I did. Was it going to be this painful if I broke it off tonight? My heart contracted and I groaned, collapsing into my neatly made bed. I rested my head to the side and stared at my full suitcase. Yeah, I was leaving. Tonight. I took Ava's advice and was going to stay till after the dance tonight but after that, Liam doesn't have to worry about me and I don't have to worry about him.

            My room door squeaked open and Liam's mom sauntered in. She had a black bag in one hand, grinning from ear to ear. Her grin diminished when she saw my expression. Worry crossed her face, "Oh, hon, what's wrong?"

            I sat up, wiping my face, "Nothing."

            "You know, majority of the girls that say nothing have something severely wrong with them," She sat down beside me, placing a secure arm around my shoulders, "I promise it feels better to talk about it."

            I looked at her. Her dark red hair swirled around her face, covering deep green eyes. I know see where Liam got those eyes from. Those sincere, loving eyes. Without another thought, I spilled everything that happened from the stupid bet I began with Jenny to Liam asking me to the dance to finding Liam and Jenny kissing and ending with Liam attacking Demarko. When I was finished I took a shaky breath, feeling a lot better letting all that out.

            "Um... the end?" I muttered.

            Her expression was unreadable the entire time I was telling what had happened, "Well, all I can say is that I didn't expect all that."

            "Yeah, teenage life is crazy."

            She shook her head, "No, love is crazy. What you need to figure out is how you feel about Liam, dear. If he truly means something to you, forget everything else and take the risk. If you don't, you'll forever regret it. Trust me on that."

            "What if I'm scared of getting hurt?"

            "There's a chance for that but it all depends on you," She smiled, "At the end, you'll know what was worth the pain."

            I was about to object but she just shook her head, "Trust me, dear. Do what you feel is right and then everything will be right." She patted my head, "You remind me so much of me. Seeing you and Liam together is like reliving my old days."

            "You're not that old," I smiled. I actually smiled.

            She returned the smile, "Yes I am but who cares? I'm an old hot lady who still can dance her little butt off."

            I laughed, hearing Liam's mom talk like a 17 year old was hilarious.

            "Now, stop panicking and enjoy tonight with or without Liam, alright?" She placed the black bag in my lap, "I never got a chance to wear this dress and I actually think it'll look perfect with your complexion. There are shoes in there as well. Make Liam regret everything you put you through, alright?"

            I nodded. She kissed my forehead and left. I glanced at the clock. It was 5 o'clock. I decided to take a shower and opened the black bag to find a breathtaking dress. It was a black strapless full skirt cocktail dress with a sweetheart neckline and a shimmering embellishment at the center. It was absolutely gorgeous. It also came with black pumps and white crystal earrings.