☠ f i f t e e n ☠

f i f t e e n

When Sam woke up the next morning he already had a sense of defeat. He clambered out of bed, fresh faced and bleary eyed and got somewhat dressed after splashing some water on his face and pits and then he made his way down the stairs to find his whole family at the breakfast table.

"Oh good, you're up," his mother smiled at him, sliding into her seat with a box of her healthy cereal in one hand. "I was just about to send up the boys to wake you- wouldn't want to miss school."

School. The place of his demise - although he'd always thought he'd die somewhere more spectacular and not over his stupid, stubborn crush that seemed to just be growing rather than going away and causing trouble everywhere it went. His crush was a monster growing and growing every moment he thought of Felix and every time he did not. No escape. Just like facing up to Felix today was.

Sam sat down and a plate filled with bacon, eggs, beans, sausages and toast was put in front of him by his dad who patted his shoulder before sitting down next to him. Sam stared at the plate. He never got a full breakfast during the week, that was only for the weekend when he had time to eat it.

"Uh..." he looked up at his family who were all looking at him, smiles on their faces. "What's the special occasion?"

"We just want your strength up, sweetie." His mother answered him, reaching over for the milk. "Big day today."

Sam leaned back, switching between looking at his mother and father and then to his brothers. "You told them?"

"Oh please," his mother scoffed. "As if we need your brothers to tell us when our son is having love problems."

"You have been moping about this house for weeks, son." His father joined in nodding his head as he stuffed toast in his mouth. "Not to mention that Felix's name popping up around the house, doodld into little bits of paper - if you were trying to hide anything you aren't doing a very good job."

"That's what I said!" Both his brothers said together before squabbling about who exactly said what first. Sam and his parents rolled their eyes at them before continuing.

"We just wanted you to know that we love you and no matter what we are here for you, okay?" His mum leaned over the table and took his hand, giving it a squeeze, her eyes full of assurance.

"Thanks mum," Sam finally spoke, feeling choked up. His family had always been there for him, no matter what from every parent's night at school to his extreme stunts he does with his board.

With them behind him he could do anything.

~☠~

"Sam, get out of my car," Pete warned him, his voice now laced with agitation at his younger brother.

"Nope. I'm not going in." Sam said from the back seat, his ass on the floor of the car so he wouldn't be visible to anyone outside. "You can't make me."

"I swear to God, Sam," Pete said slowly. "It's been ten minutes - I need to get to work. Don't make me go back there."

"Take me home, Pete." Sam pleaded. "I'll-I'll... I'll, "Sam gulped at the terrifying deal he was about to offer," I'll give you my dessert for a whole week."

Pete stopped for a minute, thinking over his brother's offer with a glazed look. It almost seemed hopeful until Vince had to stick his nose in where it wasn't welcome.

"Don't listen to him, Pete!" He said while giving Pete a painful punch to the shoulder. "He's being a little chicken. Plus you know he finishes desert in the matter of seconds - you won't even be able to smell it before it's down his big gob."