☠ e i g h t e e n ☠

e i g h t e e n

When Sam was fourteen he signed himself up for a junior competition at a skateboarding event and even though when he had took the pen and looped his name in the signup sheet he had been fairly confident in winning. When it came down to the hour, however, he was a buddle of nerves, more nervous that he had ever been in his life and had ended up puking before he made his way to the ramp.

He had thought he'd never feel that anxious again.

He was wrong.

Nothing made him more nervous than Felix Baldwin and he was finding that as more time went on it was just getting worse, although it was more towards where exactly this thing between him and Felix was going rather than before when he thought Felix was trying to kill him 24/7 while being terrifyingly gorgeous.

As always Felix had done the unexpected and put Sam of the edge of death with completely out of character and spontaneous decisions. Sam wasn't sure what exactly Felix's end game with him was but he was sure at this moment he was going to go along with everything thrown his way until Felix destroyed him. Saddest part, right now, Sam didn't mind.

So he followed Felix like an eager puppy down street after street until he stopped in front of a gate and hopped over it. Now Sam, for some deranged reason had been expecting something other than the completely normal house in front of him; two stories high, white paint, front porch and relatively big front garden and a driveway. The rumours that had circle Felix since the day he decided to come in wearing all black and eyeliner had messed up Sam's expectations of his home life and it was anything but this. He had been expecting a huge Victorian mansion at the edge of town, surrounded by mist and swirling clouds, bats screeching from the roof like some low-budget monster movie despite 1. Having no Victorian Mansion anywhere in town and 2. Actually knowing that Felix's parents worked in relatively normal jobs as an accountant and nurse and looking relatively normal.

Trying not to look too disappointed, Sam stepped over the gate (and stumbling again, misinterpreting just how high it was compared to his short legs) and followed Felix up the path to the house.

There was a faded black number 32 painted on the side with the family name on plaque and a door bell underneath that, a shiny white one that showed that it was new unlike Sam's doorbell that hadn't been changed since he was small and was the culprit for multiple misunderstandings with the mailmen and a blessing from religious convertors.

He looked around as Felix rummaged around his pockets and came across something that made his stomach give an awful lurch.

It was a ramp leading up to the side of the porch.

He felt the blood drain from his face and a buzz come about his ears. He couldn't believe he had forgotten.

Felix had managed to find his keys and had opened the door as Sam turned back to face him, watching his back as it prized open the door and disappeared inside. Reluctantly, Sam followed.

It was like stepping onto uncharted territory, to feel as though you were about to witness something had no one had ever seen before. You were about to make a discovery that would shake the nation and change your life forever. His palms were sweaty and his stomach was in knots as he timidly crept past the threshold into a bright hallway.

Felix was nowhere to be seen but there was door open onto the left and he could hear shuffling on the other side, awkwardly he shuffled into the room finding it to be a living room where Felix had shed his usual heavy jacket and was now lacing off his boots.

Sam's eyes moved instantly to the bare skin of Felix's arm and away again before he noticed he was staring like a creep to the pictures on the wall. He recognised Felix's parents; a bald man and a woman with curly blonde hair smiling into the camera with Felix and his brother below them and in some of the other ones by themselves. Another twist came in Sam's stomach as he looked at the boy next to Felix, grinning happily. He tried hard not to glance at Felix then, didn't want to show that he knew or show anything on his face like pity or sympathy.