☠ t w e l v e ☠

dedicated to zarents for being an absolute star!

t w e l v e

"I don't trust you at all."

"Shut up and eat your animal crackers, this'll work."

Sam and Ellen were currently making their way over to the darker part of the school where the misfits hung out and Sam never ventured.

"I don't see how getting killed by one of your... goth creep friends is going to make Felix fall in love with me."

Ellen gave him a long look."Were you trying to come up with a insult there? That was pathetic."

Sam looked away and shoved a biscuit giraffe in his mouth, not giving her the satisfaction of a retort even though she was right, and if anything gave her the reaction she was wanting judging from her obnoxious snort she gave out once Sam had turned his head.

During the discussion of "GETTING SAM HIS MAN" - as Ellen gracefully titled it, even writing it in bold black marker over one of Sam's good notebooks - following Ellen to his gruesome death had been the most popular option.

"Hypnotism." Jake suggested humourlessly. "You can do that kinda stuff, can't you?" He offered Ellen with a cheeky smile. Ellen just gave him a dark look as if he was stupid.

"Not my thing," her voice dropped dangerously.

"Oh sorry, voo doo dolls are more your thing, right?"

Ellen gave a predatory smile. "Oh sure. Why don't I make a voodoo doll of you and snap your freaking neck, huh?"

"Try getting near enough to take any of my hair, you goth bitc-"

"Oh-kay," Sam intervened swiftly, getting between the two." None of that, thanks. Can we please find a solution that doesn't involve Felix falling for me against his will?"

Jake gave a dramatic sigh, leaning forward. "We'll that's going to be a bit hard, isn't it?"

Jake grinned at Sam and Sam punched him in the arm. "Dick."

Ellen rolled her eyes. "Can we puh-lease time down the whole bromance-bordering-on-romance thing?" She turned to Mia who was silently writing down suggestions. "It's a wonder how you've put up with these two for so long."

Mia smiled, radiating everything good in the world. "Talent." She shrugged.

The rest of the suggestion pulled out after that became just as bad as the others, and now here he was. Foolishly letting Ellen walk him right into his doom.

"I don't know why you lot make a big fuss over us, we're exactly the same except we prefer the colour black." Ellen said presently, shaking her head, her long hair shimmering with the little light that passed through the crowding trees next to the building.

"And sacrifice newborn babies to the devil," Sam pointed out, grinning.

Ellen took one look at him and burst out laughing. "Yeah, that too."

However, Sam's smiles were brief as he approached the group he had seen around Felix, all noticing him one by one and giving him enough heat behind their glares that it was possible to knock him back to the 18th century.

They were a gabble of dyed hair, black clothing, skulls and eyeliner and Sam was suddenly terrified of every single one of them.

"What is he doing here, Ellen?" One of the guys near the front said, Sam recognised him vaguely from playing the drums on the drama stage. His face was much harsher than it was playing the drums. Sam swallowed.