☠ t w e n t y - t w o ☠

T w e n t y - t w o

I quite like your mum," Felix randomly commented from where he was sitting on one of the desks, swinging his legs wildly while Sam stressed over his French homework. "She's nice."

"Yeah, well," Sam ran a hand through his hair, accidently knocking off his hat and making his hair stand up in every direction. "That's just because you both enjoy torturing me." Felix just grinned." By the way, are you going to help me with this or are you just going to sit there looking all..." Sam wildly waved his hand around Felix's whole person. He seemed to be doing that a lot lately.

Which wasn't really his fault in all honesty. Felix was a ridiculously good looking human being, and everything he did and said was bordering on obscene.

Felix grinned, looking away from Sam to look even more gorgeous as the morning light hit him through the windows, making his grey eyes look almost striking white. Sam got lost, staring at him, wondering if this what angels looked like, then shook his head, looking at the homework below and making a huge groan as he imagined Mrs Hannigan's face when she learned he had not done any of it during the past two weeks.

There would be blood.

The boys shared a silence; Sam panicking through his undone homework and Felix looking down at the only two figures outside the school building that was here so early.

It was Felix that spoke up first, interrupting the silence except for the soft desperate scratches of Sam's pen against paper and the chirps of birds from the trees outside that circled the grounds. "Is that... I think that's Jake down there, fighting with that smart kid- uh, Andy."

Sam snapped his head up, homework forgotten, cap falling off once more, and hurried towards the window where Felix was, snapping his eyes to below the school, eyes wide and face morphed into one of disapproval. "Where?" he demanded, to which Felix pointed one painted finger carelessly towards the storage building sitting in the middle of the school grounds where, unmistakably, stood Jake and Andy.

"But... what are they doing?" Sam asked incredulously when he wasn't witnessing another one of Jake's ways of getting back to the world for his life by beating weaker kids in the school that were usually of Andy's type.

"Well, if I had to guess, it sort of looks like they are," Felix shot him a mock-serious look," talking."

Sam stared at him, not impressed. "I hate you."

Felix gave out a huff of amusement, the sound carrying out through his chest. Sam felt it on his arm, noticing how close they were and froze as Felix turned to look out the window again, still smiling. Sam gulped.

"I will admit though," Felix said after a moment, eyes narrowed and his head tilted as they watched Jake push Andy in an almost bashful manner, both of them visibly laughing. Sam could feel himself mirroring Felix's posture in his own confusion, "it's pretty fucking weird to see them being that friendly."

Sam made a noncommittal noise of agreement, leaning so close to the glass now that his nose was squashed and steam made by his breath was fogging up the window, causing Felix to burst out laughing.

After Sam had wiped away the imprint of his face on the window, they looked down at the two unlikely, apparently secret, friends below for a moment longer.

"Weird," Sam said again, turning away and eyeing the homework. "He never told me."

"Aw, don't worry, Gregson," Felix clamped him on the shoulder, pulling him close into his warmth and shook a little. "I'm sure all is well in paradise with your loverboy."