☠ n i n e ☠

n i n e

"No, no, no!" Sam cried out in frustration as he lifted up papers after papers, folder after folder and finding not even a trace of what he was looking for. "You stupid idiot, Sam. Why are you always so freaking forgetful."

Mia had driven him home yesterday, giving him a supportive smile before he left the car and into the house. He was half way through emptying the contents of the fridge when he got a sudden sick feeling to his stomach; a memory  of chucking his sketchpads onto one of the art tables and not picking them up as he ran out of the room before Felix could kick his ass clicking into place.

He had skated over the next morning, the earliest he'd ever risen out of bed in his life, rushing past the school janitor just as he opened the school gate and up two flights for stairs and down the corridor to the art room where he was now, freaking the fuck out.

Someone had lifted them. It could have been either three of the art teachers, any of the students or-

No. Surely he wasn't so unlucky for Felix to have lifted them. God wouldn't be that cruel.

With one more grunt of frustration Sam swung his arm, hitting and scattering a bunch of empty water cups across the classroom.

In one of those sketchpads it was just filled with Felix, every page, every blank pace filled with his permanent scowl, his predatory looks and what Sam envisioned he looked liked when he smiled. Really smiled.

After contemplating to claw his eyes out rather than face the world he let out a  a heavy sigh, Sam started to pick up the cups he made fly across the room. He was just going to have wait until Felix found him and killed him. It was a miracle he want dead already to be honest.

Physically, he knew he could take Felix- the guy wasn't exactly known for his strength with his long limbs and skeletal frame. Jake had more than once pushed him around before the rumors started flying about the black magic he inflicted on those who inflicted anything on him.

But Sam knew if Felix were to actually act upon beating him up, Sam would sit and take it, knowing he couldn't bring himself to hurt him. It was pathetic. He was pathetic.

There was a knock on the door and Jake came in a second later, his face scrunched up in concern. Sam give him one look and then continued to pick up the last of the cups with a huff.

"You okay, mate? I saw you run up here like you were being chased by a demon or something."

"I'm fine." Sam answered, unconvincing even to his own ears as he walked over to the sink to place the cups at the side. Jake didn't push or say anything else but Sam could feel his eyes watching him, waiting patiently. "I think Felix has my drawings."

Their was a beat of silence and a small curse before Jake belted out with laughter, his whole body shaking with it. Sam rounded on him furiously.

"I'm not kidding, Jake! This is serious!"

Jake just continued to laugh, tears forming at the edge of his eyes that he wiped before placing his hand on Sam's shoulder. "Aw man, I don't know if you're the luckiest or unluckiest guy on the planet, but I do know you are fucked either way."

"I hate you."

"You love me. Now shut up and come with me," Jake swung his arm around his shoulder and led him out of the classroom. "I'll treat you to something out of the vendy for your constant misfortunes."

Sam brightened at the promise of food with Jake rolling his eyes at how simple he was. Then something occurred to Sam. "Wait- why are you here so early?"

Jake froze for a second, his arm rigid around Sam. "I- I always come to school early."

"Yeah, for basketball practice but that's not on today." Sam pressed a little, quirking his eyebrows, not missing the nervous swallow Jake took before looking down at him and giving a him nervous smile and grabbing him closer, giving him the noogie of a lifetime.

"My bro-senses were tingling, man. You know I'm always there for you."

Sam just rolled his eyes, pushing away and trying to fix his hair, knowing he wasn't getting the truth but giving Jake the biggest grin.

They were halfway down the art corridor when Sam spoke again."So... about that something out of the vending machine, how about we make it somethings as I'm so-"

"Shut up, Sam."