☠ t e n ☠

t e n

"Can I, um, speak to you?" Sam stared at him in disbelief as he glanced behind him at Mia and Jake before going back to him. "You know, alone?"

Sam opened his mouth to speak then, closed it again and started nodding like an idiot as he scrambled to get up, tripping up a little as his foot caught the bench in his haste. He grinned sheepishly, cheeks burning, as he caught himself, ignoring as both Jake and Mia snorted loudly and dissolved into giggles.

Felix watched them, flicking his eyes between Sam and the both of them, his eyes a little more wide than they usually were as he hovered over the table, waiting for Sam to stand upright. Felix flicked his head to the side once Sam stopped making a fool of himself, his bleached hair flopping with it , indicating for him to follow just before Felix started to walk.

Sam swallowed, looking over at the table, looking for a sign that following the swaggering form of Felix Baldwin to God knows where to do God knows what (you know, after finding out Sam' s creepy little secret) was a bad idea. His friends only smiled, Jake giving a thumbs up and Mia snorting again into his shoulder.

Worst friends ever.

Fixing his cap nervously he started to catch up to Felix, jogging only a little. Felix had always been a slow walker despite having the longest legs Sam had ever seen, whereas Sam had always been in motion, trying to find the fastest way everywhere.

Even so, he started to slow when he reached Felix, stopping into a walk beside him, matching his pace as they crossed the courtyard, earning a few curious looks and whispers in the process. Felix didn't look at him, his lips shut and his eyes back to his normal narrow glare at the world.

Sam's heart was threatening to pump out of his chest the further they went at being so close to Felix for such a length of time. He let his eyes track the length of him, the way the shirt was just tight enough to show the shape of his shoulders and the dip in his back.

"So, em..." Sam licked his lips, finding the courage to actually speak up,"where are we going?"

Felix turned his head slightly, eyes like ice stabbing him to the core. "Just follow me."

Gulping, feeling both turned on and terrified, which was only slightly worrying, he kept in stride with Felix until they were in the school building and going down the Modern Languages hall until Felix dragged him into an empty classroom.

Sam stopped moving as soon as he entered the room, watching Felix as he strode to the other side of the classroom, stopping and biting at his lip ring, flicking his eyes towards Sam before sighing and facing him.

"Look..." He started, flicking his fringe out of his face." You left your pads yesterday," Sam was dead. Deader than dead. He was ten feet under already, practically a skeleton."I picked them up."

Sam's eyes widened in horror, not moving even when every instinct was telling him to run like the coward he was, especially when Felix started walking towards him, his hand reaching into his bag.

Oh God he had a gun, or a knife! He was dead. Dead.

But Felix didn't bring out a weapon but instead his three sketch pads, known to be his own with the ridiculous amounts of unmeaning scribbles and doodles around the fronts. He handed them over to Sam with an awkwardness Sam didn't even know Felix possessed. Numbly, Sam accepted them and brought them close to him.

"I, em," Felix coughed," I looked through one of them," he wiggled his painted, ringed finger at the books, not looking at Sam. "I just want to say: I am sorry about the whole Ellie thing, you know? I didn't know that you were... you know..."

Sam nodded, eyes still wide that Felix wasn't even trying to beat the crap out of him or trap him in some anti-exorcism ceremony.

"I mean, I didn't know that you and Jake were... ehm, involved."

Wait what? Sam almost dropped his books.

"I didn't look at any of the other books, I promise!" Felix came out with hastily, his hand spread defensively and his cheeks tinted with colour." They are obviously personal so..." Felix scratched the back of his neck, running his hands up at the back of his head and messing up his hair and still looking ridiculously attractive even in Sam's state of shock. "Look I won't tell anyone- I mean if you want to keep it on the down low. And again, I'm sorry about the whole Ellie thing- i shouldn't have assumed, okay? Though, you were acting a bit weird and creepy..." Sam flinched," but it just- i get a little overprotective with Ellie, we've been neighbours since the day she was born and she's like a little sister to me-"

Wait, what!? Sam was going to keel over. Knees buckling and tears were going to happen. He swears.

"-and I'm sorry again... no hard feelings?" He finally looked up at Sam, face a little too open and apologetic and just so fucking unfair.

So it was to no surprise when Sam found himself nodding once again and opening his lips and producing out a rough and pathetic: "yeah..."

Stupid.

And then Felix slumped in relief and smiled. Actually smiled. And it was nowhere near as devastating as Sam imagined. And dear God, Sam just wished Felix had killed him in the classroom rather than this crap.

"I'm just gunna..." Felix clicked his tongue, pointing to the door. "Yeah." He brushed past Sam and out the door with an unusual grace, as if he had gotten everything out there and the awkwardness Sam had just witnessed at gone with it, leaving Sam like some collateral damage.

Sam was still there five minutes later wondering what the hell he did in his past life that made him so freaking unlucky for making his life a living hell by making him fall for a now obvious oblivious but aggressive idiot and making him a coward in love.

[a/n:] yo! Good luck to anyone doing exams and those left school for good, emotionally I am with you on both