☠ s e v e n ☠

s e v e n

"You are definitely going to wake up sometime this week with your balls gone, man," Jake said helpfully, the ever caring friend, sitting across from him on one of the outside tables. "That was a bad move telling the freak's little she-devil of a girlfriend."

"He's not a freak," Sam snapped, unwrapping a orange Starburst, popping it into his mouth."He's just a little... Different."

"Differently freakish," Jake snapped back."Man, if he was going to curse you for making non-existent eyes at his girl, he's going to freaking make your life a living hell when she tells him it's him you are eyeing up."

Sam groaned, thumping his head onto the table. Jake was right, he was a dead man walking.

After Eli had come up to him yesterday, he had been ready for Felix to jump him and drain his soul or whatever. There still hadn't been a sign of him at all, and Sam was still every bit terrified as he was when he walked away from Eli.

"Hey Sam, buddy." Jake put a hand to his shoulder, his look open and sincere as he locked eyes with Sam."You should know- you know, before you die and all- that..." he took a deep breath." I'm totally taking all of your skateboards."

Sam huffed out a stuttering laugh."Dick."

"Which is apparently what you like, Sammy Boy," a voice cut in from behind, making both boys jump. Eli stood there, a smirk on her face and her eyes fierce behind eyeliner. Sam took that opportunity to start choking on his Starburst.

"You know Sammy Boy here hasn't exactly been hiding that fact, like, at all," Jake countered at her, whacking Sam on the back without looking at him, an annoyed furrow in between his brows as he looked at her.

She raised a dangerous eyebrow at him, daring him to stand up to her again like that. Sam was just impressed Jake was able to stand his ground without looking the least bit intimidated by the girl, while Sam was shitting his pants, and slightly crying from one measly Starburst getting stuck in his throat,looking around wildly for any signs of Felix.

"You know," she slid into a seat next to Sam," you may think everyone at this school just sits and talks about all your business and life choices but I can tell you right now: nobody gives a crap. And I haven't told Felix either, if that's what you're worried about. That would be cheap."

Sam lifted his eyes to her, seeing her stare hard back but, nothing but serious. Sam visibly relaxed, smiling a little and getting nothing but an eye roll back and a small hint of a smile that made Sam grin a little harder, making her squint and then smirk.

"You know, for a norm you're pretty cute," and for a moment Sam saw the girl behind the tough-girl attitude and he blushed.

"Gross," Jake grimaced. "Be careful Sam, Carmilla here really is trying to seduce you."

"What?" Sam said blankly, not catching the reference at all, while Eli glared at him.

She flicked her hair over her shoulder before catching him under a steely gaze."Shouldn't you be- I don't know- stealing some nerds lunch money or stamping on  spring flowers or something?"

Sam turned to Eli before Jake could say anything else, endangering his life more than it already was,"so not that I'm not graced by your presence and all, Eli, but-"

"Ellen." she corrected coolly, lips twitching. "Only Felix calls me Eli."

"Ellen," Sam gritted out, causing Ellen's eyes to glint with amusement. "What did you want?"

Ellen cocked her head, batting her eyes with feigned innocence. "Nothing really. I just thought I'd say hello, wondering how it's been going." She bared her teeth, a brilliant white against the dark of her lipstick.  Sam gulped.

Jake snorted, causing both of them to turn to him. "What? As if the she-devil doesn't have some sort of hidden agenda to getting back at you for having a pathetic crush on her psychotic boyfriend."

"Jake!" Sam hissed, eyes wide.

"What? I'm just telling the truth."

Eli pursed her lips, brows frowning down into confusion as the two boys  continued to bicker, slapping each other, not listening. "Boyfriend? Wha- oh. Oh, I see."

Jake grabbed Sam into a headlock, making him squawk and knock his board over which Jake fell over, taking Sam with him until they were a laughing mess on the floor, still hitting one another as hard as they could muster over shakes of laughter. Sam distinctly heard Ellen mutter under her breath about boys and morons.

"What is she doing here?" Mia asked as she approached the table, pushing a strand of hair from her face, looking at Ellen with a curious expression that Ellen threw back with one of distaste.

"I was just leaving actually," Ellen said, raising herself out of the bench, flicking her long, silky hair off her shoulder and swung her back onto it before swiftly walking away with a call over her shoulders, "I'll see you later, Sammy Boy," loud enough for the whole courtyard to hear.

All three friends stared after her.

"Is anyone going to tell me why she was over here when Felix is literally after Sam's blood for just looking at her?" Mia asked again, lowering herself next to Sam.

Jake spoke first before Sam could even think to what just happened."First of all, Sam has a death wish-"

"Obvious," Mia said, not missing a beat as she leaned over and stole one of Sam's Starburst from the packet beside him.

"Second of all, she's obviously wanting Sam's death to come a lot sooner by taking fate into her own hands."

"Well, great. Nice knowing you Sam."

"I need new friends."

The both of them just cooed at Sam until he grinned, shoving them both away, purposely not looking when Felix's group made an appearance onto the courtyard and to the back of the school building and definitely not looking at Felix , even when he felt the razor-sharp gaze of gray pointed at his back until they were gone.