☠ t w e n t y - s i x ☠

T w e n t y s i x

Felix tapped his fingers against the cool table top, his nails too chewed and stubby to be able to make any sound, just the dull thuds of soft flesh covering bone harshing out a rhythm as he gazed to the front of the class where his teacher read them out what was supposed to be a section turned several chapters of the book they were studying.

He knew his chaotic drumming was irritating Fiona, the girl next to him, if the twitch of her eye every time his pointing finger hit the desk was anything to go by. She'd probably even say something if she was wasn't slightly terrified of him. As usual, his reputation proceeded him.

He smirked, dropping his fingers faster. Fiona clenched her fists and jaw, and probably around the stick that was so far up her-

"-assignments are due next Monday," his teachers voice cut through his thoughts, her eyes peering at the half-asleep class over her glasses.

Felix sighed, dragging across his desk and flipping open his school diary, its covers and contents already highly graffited with various doodles and lyrics of Felix's own creation. He paused three pages in, noticing something in red that hadn't been there before. It was him; the coat, boots and glare unmistakable. The details were remarkable, right down to his silver ring and mole just above his left eyebrow. Felix grinned, shoulders shaking as he ducked his head, probably freaking out Fiona next to him.

Somehow, Sam had managed to find a time when Felix hadn't been paying attention. Felix could think of no one else that favoured red pen and the style was all him.

He quickly jotted down his homework in the proper margin just as the bell rung and made his way out the door after swinging his bag over his shoulder and sliding his diary in his hands. A smile still adorned his face, probably freaking out more than just Fiona as he glided through the halls, chains rattling and coat billowing behind him.

He entered his chemistry class, eyes finding Sam immediately in his usual seat, tongue stuck out and furiously writing in a bright pink jotter. Probably forgot to do his homework yet again. Wounds and bandages from his accident still scattered his skin, making him looking reckless and wonderful; just exactly how he should be.

"I found something in my homework diary this morning," Felix purred, leaning over the student lab desks, trying not to wince as his heavy boots hit the fake wood. Too eager.

The smell of Sam's expensive cologne hit him, along with cheese puffs that he was in no doubt hiding in his trouser pockets to eat through class.

Sam lifted his head, startled, tongue regretfully and quickly retreating back into his mouth, the hand he had been leaning on and threading through his hair in frustration let go and left tousled hair, free from his cap that sat precariously at the edge of the desk. Felix nudged it forward, along with the rest of his body, leaning ever closer.

For a moment, Sam stared at him, gulping loudly at first, then confused before his eyes lit up. "Oh that," he grinned sunnily, causing Felix to squint. "Did you like it?"

Felix was aware of the students crowding into the classroom, aware of some of them listening in, whispering about the Goth boy and boy wonder being friends - or more than from their position - but Felix was never one to shy away from rumours. He lived them.

"When did you even get a hold of it to draw it?"

By some possible impossibility, Sam's smile grew wider, eyes brighter until they were something resembling newly melted chocolate being swirled in a bowl. "I have mad skills."

Felix huffed, ignoring how pleased Sam was at the reaction, at how ridiculous he was.

Felix could tell him he liked it, thank him for portraying his exterior so profoundly in a way that even his own mother wouldn't of even be able to recall in an instant, but instead he tapped Sam's jotter, right over the hastily scrawled number 12. "The right answer is chlorine." Felix was already up and walking to his desk when he heard the familiar rush of breath, edging on a squeak coming from Sam.

Felix slid into his seat, swinging his bag up to the desk with a loud thump, the clatter and shift of his bag's contents reaction to gravity causing a few heads to turn and then away again.

There was a few minutes still of the class coming in and getting settled before Miss Frank came bubbling into the classroom, her golden curls and fresh face ready and excited to teach. In that time Felix had ended up with arms crossed on his desk and his head nested in-between them, eyes glancing out and irritably always moving towards slight brown curls.

Felix recalled the time he didn't know Sam, when he thought he was just some dumb guy obsessed with snapbacks and skateboards - which he was, but more. Felix had always preferred the back of the class, taking a break from the stares, whereas Sam was always put to the front from either talking too much or not paying attention. Felix couldn't have helped it if sometimes his eyes tracked towards the boy in the bright red hats, the one that always laughed the loudest, the guy that gave off an aura so blinding it was like feeling the sun on your skin every time he was in the same room. It was intimidating at first, how much Sam got under his skin, finding every dark spot and trying to get it out of him without even realising that's what he was doing, how much he wasn't scared of him the way everyone else seemed to be.

Then there had been that whole fiasco of Felix thinking Sam had been staring at Ellen. when really it had been him all along, which Felix didn't like to think about.

Just as Miss Frank started up the class Felix saw Sam as he looked round and looked at him. He pointed to his homework and gave a grin, hand turned into a peace sign to indicate he finished it all in time. Whether he got any right answers on his own was something only Miss Frank would tell.

Felix rolled his eyes, not being able to help as his face mirrored his, burying into his arms more, fighting down the heat of his cheeks.

~☠~

"Wait, wait," Vlad interrupted Ellen mid-rant, his sandwich half way to his mouth. "You haven't asked him out yet?"

Felix stuttered to give an answer and Ellen burst out in laughter, doubling over. "Exactly!" She gasped triumphantly, leaning into Vlad.

"No offence, mate," Vlad said, looking anything but sincere as he started chuckling along with Ellen as she wheezed, still clutching onto him, "I just thought you were like... together?"

Felix glared at him, "well we aren't. Not- not yet."

"He hasn't even tried," Ellen recovered quick, pointing at him in an accusing manner. "Sam tries so hard and you give him nothing!"

"Why do I need to take the reins on this? He could just as easily ask me out," Felix huffed, chomping his chips moodily.

"Because, Felix," Ellen clucked her tongue, slowly down her speech as if she was talking to an eight year old," he has already told you how he feels, it's your turn."

Felix opened his mouth, "ah."

"This is why everyone should listen to me," she said to Vlad, both of them baring their teeth like sharks. "I'm always right."

Felix didn't even have the strength to disagree.

"Don't worry, Fefe, "Ellen patted him. "He'll soon find out your game is just as weak as his."

"Shut up, Ellie."

  ☠☠☠

get rekt

for the last two chapters I used this (do you call it apps if you download it for your laptop) thing called writer's block and basically it brings up a window, you type in how many words you want to write or how long you want to write for and it blocks off everything on your computer so you don't procrastinate (I highly recommend getting rid of your phone while you do this). it was super helpful. this can also be good for essays and the lark so check it out if you want! It's free to download :)

(not getting paid to say this, I'm just that helpful. you're welcome)

I honest to god have the end chapter all written and ready, I just need to get thereeeeeee goddammitttt