Chapter 10

PART 46: THE MOMENT

6 June 2291, 04:59 p.m.

-Tan Ying's POV

"TELLLYY PORRRRRTTTTT!" I shouted.

"Just asking, where did elections come from?" Xinnan asked.

"Ancient Rome!"

"You fail at Social Studies. Mr Sapiee emphasised this so many times-" Jing Yi said and trailed off.

"Um, do you even remember who Mr Sapiee is? Fabio? Mr Sap?"

"Is it that Grazie, Fabio one? Mr Sap?" I asked.

"Yah!"

"Okay. Welcome to the last puzzle. It's a question-"

Of course it's a question.

"-On a time tunnel, there are three generations: 2000, 2200 and 2400. There are only two time machines. There are ten people, a mother, a father, 2 sons and 2 daughters, 1 Paradox Exterminator, 1 Ancient Time Traveller, 1 5th Millennium AD traveller. The rules are listed on this tablet," Coreane said.

 The rules are listed on this tablet," Coreane said

-YiChen's POV

"I guess we can do A and C first!" I exclaimed excitedly.

59:40 - who even cares?

"A - 3 cases where 5 people travelling applies. One - firstly, mother and son will cross. Then, after that, The time machine can then fit both time travellers and one son! Two - replace that one son from the first one I just said. Three - Father, one daughter and one son, then after that, the son and the daughter can go back!" Tan Ying (well - the Intelligent) said, so fluently. There was still 59 minutes and 10 seconds left on the alarm clock.

"C - How only the sons, the daughters and the Ancient Traveller get to the other side. Very very easy! One son, one daughter, traveller, then one son, one daughter!"

59:00 - who even cares?

The doors turn green in front of us, we could open the door. Inside both was a well-lit elevator.

"Actually, I'm gonna risk it for a biscuit," Tan Ying said as he took out a biscuit from his backpack.

"YOU HAVE BISCUITS?" We all exclaimed at the same time.

"YOU OWE ME A--" Jing Yi said.

"HUNDRED--" I continued.

"THOUSAND BOTTLES OF SODA!" Xinnan wanted to say (and he said).

He took the leftmost one, to his surprise, he did it.

"Guys, come up here!" we heard him said.

"Actually, it turns out everything is connected!"

"Phew, lucky we didn't waste our time doing B..."

The Golden Pearl and the Gold Rainbow case-closed.