Chapter 9

PART 41: JING YI'S PERSPECTIVE OF PEACE

-Jing Yi's POV

"Jing Yi, the definition of peace."

"1. the normal, non-warring condition of a nation, group of nations, or the world.

2. (often initial capital letter) an agreement or treaty between warring or antagonistic nations, groups, etc., to end hostilities and abstain from further fighting or antagonism: the Peace of Ryswick.

3. a state of mutual harmony between people or groups, especially impersonal relations: Try to live in peace with your neighbors.

4. the normal freedom from civil commotion and violence of a community; public order and security: He was arrested for being drunk and disturbing the peace.

5. cessation of or freedom from any strife or dissension.

6. freedom of the mind from annoyance, distraction, anxiety, an obsession, etc.; tranquillity; serenity.

7. a state of tranquillity or serenity: May he rest in peace." I panted after words finally stopped tumbling out of mouth.

"OMG!" the examiner cried, literally.

"People, minute of silence please!" the examiner HOLLERED, for the first time in forever...it is quite obvious that she needed a check in the mental hospital soon.

"JING YI, DO YOU HAVE THE MEMORY OF A GLASS? I AM GOING TO MAKE ORANGE JUICE!" YiChen shouted, which made the examiner's hollering by comparison, seem like a whisper. I searched my memory for four glasses and ice in them. I watched YiChen create oranges. It was such a strange sight, big, shiny oranges popping out of YiChen's hands. She created one fine swiss knife and started whacking the oranges real hard. Then, she cut the oranges into half and the juice flowed into the four glasses. I licked my lips, I haven't had the luxury of drinking fruit juice since I left Placora.

I saw YiChen whisper something to Xinnan and saw him 'gathering' straws from the supermarket 2000 meters away. YiChen kept the knife and handed us the orange juice. We sipped on homemade orange that is used to make homemade orange juice. The examiner watched us in envy as we enjoyed our cooling and refreshing drinks. Looks like YiChen is the normal chef with weird cooking methods and Xinnan is the gourmet chef with some quite nice and strange recipes.

PART 42: THE MIND GAME

5 June 2291, 06:11 p.m.

-Tan Ying's POV

"Sixteen down, four to go!"

 "I can memorise them all - from one to six-teen," Jing Yi said in a singsong kind of voice. "There is the navy blue, lime, light blue, dark yellow, the red pearl, the green pearl, the pink, the white... That makes eight. And also.. yellow blue orange dark purple dark green cyan and.... DARK ORANGE! Oh, and army green."

"We need to complete these!" Saying that, they were immediately transported to their next puzzle.

The time bomb read 00:15.

"A... fast puzzle." YiChen muttered.

There was NOTHING, surprisingly, in that room.  

-YiChen's POV

I try to make out a spear. I imagine it, hard titanium.

There it was.

I threw it at the time bomb forcefully but to no avail.