27-I Nearly Get Brain Damage

Leo's POV

All seven of us slipped outside right when the first Slytherins were coming in.

Jason and Nico handed Annabeth their short lists of Dark Items.

"You won't believe what Dark Object I found," Piper said.

"What?" I asked.

"Isabell Kabrat's hand mirror. It makes anyone who looks in it go blind."

"Blind?" Percy asked. "How do you know? Who looked in it?"

"Nobody did. It actually says what it does in Latin," Annabeth said. "On the side."

She tossed me the mirror, and sure enough, there was Latin on the side, "I knew it. My looks are blinding."

"Had to take it," Annabeth said, ignoring me, "Isabell's not exactly a nice person. She also had about ten Love Potions stashed under her bed. I've heard rumours that Mrs. Norris and other cats are sniffing out Love Potions, and have already found about fifty on the first day."

"By the way," Nico said, "forgot to tell you guys. There really is something weird with that Drew girl. Her eyes change color."

I blinked, "They do?"

"Yeah, they turned blue, just like Thalia's. Then I went to find Dawn, and found out hers change too if I look at them for a while."

"Well, maybe it has something to do with their godly parent," Annabeth mused. "But that might make them children of—"

"Aphrodite?" I finished. "No way."

Annabeth shrugged, "Sometimes demigods can turn out pretty different from their godly parent. Like Piper."

"Still," I said, "everything about Drew just screams Ares. Or Nike. She's so much like Clarisse it's scary."

"Really? Drew uses trickery sometimes, and not only to teachers. She lies to get people to do things for her. Ares isn't like that, he just uses force. And," Annabeth turned thoughtful, "Aphrodite is about tricking people sometimes."

"But what about Dawn?" Percy asked. "Aphrodite and Ares aren't about smarts. I don't even think Ares can read."

"I have another flaw with this Aphro theory," I added. "Well, with the whole theory that she's a demigod. Drew's mentioned that she lives with her mom."

"Then she has a stepmother. Or her godly parent is her dad."

I held up my finger, "And, her dad lives in Maple Syrup Country with her oldest brother."

"What Maple Syrup Country?" Percy asked, confused.

"Canada," I responded.

"Ohh," Percy nodded, "where the Laistrygonians live."

I gave him a weird look, "Anyway, she's never said anything about a stepmother or stepfather."

"It's not really something you'd talk about," Annabeth said.

I shrugged, "Maybe you're right." Because she usually was, and it's not like Drew and I were even great friends.

Annabeth looked over the lists, "Hm, not much. By the way, you four should get rid of your ninja outfits. People are staring."

"Oh right," we changed our clothes back to their original color, and Nico took off the cloth on his mouth.

"Nobody here really jumps out at me," Annabeth read the list again. "I guess we'll just keep close watch on the people on these lists."