33-Reasons

Wilby's POV

Long story short. I dodged the Curse and nearly escaped without any permanent injuries.

Dawn pointed her wand at the ground, and used one of Drew's favourite spells, "Deprimo." She blasted a hole in the floor, giving me a clear view of the dungeons below.

Dawn had smartly separated us, since I was better at close combat.

She yelled the Killing Curse again the same second I shouted, "Drew!"

Dawn's wand flicked upward a half inch, and the spell missed my head. But she didn't turn around or look behind her, "Nice try dimwad, but I'm more like Drew than you might think. For one thing, I'm not fooled easily."

"Yes you are," I found that I became braver when I imagined Dawn as Drew, because the only time I've ever been afraid of Drew was more than eight years ago, back when Logan and Drew had just started their rivalry.

I non-verbally put up a Shield Charm. "Have you been hearing that woman's voice when night falls? I have, and Drew's have. You must have too, and you're actually listening to her."

"Shut up!" she snapped, looking uneasily at the chandelier above, like she was worried the candles would go out. "Isabell and I would have done this anyway."

"Ahh," I nodded, "I see."

She made like she was going to throttle me, "Why aren't you afraid?"

"Oh no, Dawn's gonna kill me," I said half-heartedly, even rolling my eyes the way Drew does.

Dawn made a strangled noise in her throat, "Well you still haven't figured out how I gave you Love Potion! Later, you're going to be poisoned all over again!"

Oh yeah, I thought. The idea of falling in love with Dawn or Isabell again filled me with dread.

Dawn put on her smug face, "Ha! Incarcerous!"

As Conjured ropes flew towards me, I shouted, "Locomotor!"

The ropes flew right back at her, but she sliced her wand upwards, and the ropes unraveled to strings at her feet.

She kicked the strings into the hole, "Why do you even like my sister?"

I gripped my wand even harder ready in case this was a distraction, "How did you know that?"

Dawn made this face at me that told me I wouldn't do well in elementary school. "I really hope you are this stupid."

I responded with a mental Vorsoflantis.

Dawn knocked the jinx aside, and I dodged another hex.

"Reducto!" I pointed at the piles of rubble around the hole, and they crumbled to dark grey ashes. I used another spell to blow it into her eyes, then brought my wand to the ceiling above her. "Diffindo."

I had just carve a half-circle in the ceiling when I realized Dawn had recovered from the dust. I temporarily abandoned my plan, "Inferno!"

Blasts of fire erupted from my wand, singing the walls and the ground.

Dawn made a watery sphere, and the flames failed to penetrate it. The duel continued, with hexes and spells and counterjinxes galore.

I did the Severing Charm again on the ceiling, planning to carve a circle, which will fall onto Dawn. She realized what I was doing, but there wasn't any time for her to jump aside, and there weren't any spells short enough to be said in time.