45-Hazel's Inconvenient Nap

"ARGH!" Circe screeched. "CURSE YOU HERMES!" She was throwing a  tantrum now. "You may all be immune to spells, but you are still not immune to my charmspeak!"

The first thing she did was blast the multivitamin bottle to colorful bits.

Clarisse yelled in surprise and winced. Her hands were scorched from holding the bottle before it'd been destroyed.

The Hunters were being flocked by mutant birds and pigs. They were doing fine, but they were slowly running out of arrows. The co-lieutenants Kayla (theHalfbloodhuntress) and Bella were fiercely stabbing at a towering grizzly bear fifteen feet tall with spiked skin and two heads.

"Sleep sleep sleep sleep," Clovis muttered, still lying spread-eagled in the dirt like a murder victim.

This seemed to have no effect whatsoever. Circe had as much energy as before. Her hands were constantly shrouded in colorful sparks, flames, or mist. Miranda had stirred, and was attempting to wake Hazel while waving her Celestial Bronze sword at two boars with foaming mouths.

Circe still had all the energy to talk as well, even while fighting with both Reyna and Hylla. Clarisse had been turned into a shrew, and had been nipping at Circe's feet before being kicked into the trees.

A daughter of Apollo, Tristan (ImNotCrazyImAFangirl), was hacking at an iron-skinned humanoid figure that roared a lot. It had burst out of the ground without warning. Perhaps it was guarding the area, or perhaps scary iron monsters appeared in London on a daily basis. Her twin sister, Sky (SkyDaWolfGamer), was fighting alongside her.

All but two of Circe's attendants were up and fighting, having been energized somehow by Circe. They were causing tons of trouble now, throwing random magic items that shot electricity or turned someone into a dancing frog.

Circe had created a staff out of thin air, and was blasting magic at Reyna while sparring with Hylla. "You see my dears? I've gotten much more powerful than you remember, correct? I'd appeared in Tartarus to see Pasiphaë. Of course I didn't trust her enough to try to speed up her regeneration, but I let her teach me how to control the Mist, and in turn, I taught her charmspeak." The witch rolled her eyes, "She will not be coming back anytime soon. But I am enough to stop all of you!"

Hylla's expression hardened further. So that was how Circe had made a sword materialize to kill Lacy. Normally the Amazon Queen wasn't fond of Aphrodite/Venus spawn, because they reminded her too much of Circe's island, but she saw how brave the girl with braces had been when she'd resisted the charmspeak. "Your Mist doesn't impress me," she growled. She thrust her spear at her, but Circe therw up a green shield, which faded as soon as Hylla's spear bounced off.

"Oh, but it should!" Circe cackled. "And my charmspeak will impress you even further. No one is able to resist it for long."

The sorceress snapped her fingers, and her three students stopped fighting and ran to her side.

Reyna was about to try attacking, but what the four enchantresses said stopped everybody in their tracks, "STOP."

Everyone stilled, including the animals. Even the trees seemed to have heeded her words. Leaves stopped rustling, and suddenly the street was silent.

Circe spoke out in a tone layered with charmspeak, "Dear heroes..." She purred this while sounding somehow commanding at the same time. She gestured at Lacy, "Stop fighting, and there will be no more loss. Do you wish to cause more harm?"