37-The Valdezinator Returns

By the Angel, I'm on a roll aren't I? Three updates in a week!

Drew's POV

After storming out of the Great Hall, I nearly crashed into Wilby as I was turning a corner.

He took at step back and stared at me with eyes as wide as saucers, his jaw falling open.

When I glared at him, he took twice the effort to swallow.

"Stop staring," I snapped at him. For the first time ever, I was feeling self-conscious.

His eyes reluctantly went to the side. He made like he was going to say something, but then remembered he couldn't. He didn't appear to be mad or particularly joyful to see me. He just looked tired.

"Do you know where's Dawn?" I inquired, trying to edge around him without him noticing. I looked back briefly. Thankfully nobody had decided to chase after me.

Wilby raised an eyebrow at me.

"I kind of ignored Dumbledore when he called my name in the corridor," I explained impatiently.

He rolled his eyes and pointed to the stairs, then held up five fingers.

"Ravenclaw Tower?" I guessed. It was the first thing I thought of on the fifth floor.

He nodded.

I started to shove past him, but he pointed at my fancy hair. Why? he mouthed.

"Long story," I grumbled, yanking at the ribbons, but they were like duct tape dipped in super glue. "Stupid demigods."

He gave me an are you okay you seem delirious look.

"Apparently I'm a daughter of Ares and Aphrodite," I gritted my teeth. "Which doesn't make any sense, because I have a mom and dad. And I am definitely not a goddess."

He looked at the ground and mouthed something like, you look like one.

"Did you escape from the Hospital Wing?" I demanded. "If you did, fantastic. That place is horrid."

He just shrugged.

"Are we cool?" I asked before I could stop myself. "I didn't mean to tell everyone about your dad."

This time he gave me a full grin as he nodded.

I gave him a grateful smile as I went around him, zipping up the steps, only stopping to slice off the bottom of my dress because it was annoying having to hold it up, also kicking off the blasted heels.

By sheer luck, the door to Ravenclaw Tower was ajar, so I didn't need to answer any riddles. I slipped inside. This was the third time I ever entered the Tower. One time was just to see what it looked like, and another time was to steal a homework assignment.

I didn't bother to take in the elegant common room. Everything was either blue or white. It looked really Greek-ish.

Books were everywhere, which ruined the serene room. I nimbly stepped around every pile of books. The Ravenclaws must have been trying to convert their rooms into Genius Headquarters. I spied a Greek Mythology textbook lying on a sofa. I savagely tore it to pieces with my wand, scraps of paper fluttering down like snow.

I growled. I had to admit I had started to believe all that talk about myths being real. It explained a lot. Why Leo sometimes swore in Greek. Why Isabell and Duncan were talking about seeing Leo using fire powers at Hogsmeade. Why we needed to know mythology. Why such a dimwitted person like Percy Jackson couldbe so skilled at magic when he hardly remembered to bring his wand to class. I had started to believe it. Right until I had been claimed. It made no sense. I remember every single detail of my life. The earliest memory being when I was three and had struck a boy across the face with a clipboard, sending him to the hospital.