41-Hermione Reads the News

I haven't updated in two weeks, sorry about that. I'm gotten pretty lazy when winter vacation started :P

HAPPY NEW YEAR PEOPLE!! I LOVE YOU ALL <3 <3 <3

For the rest of the week, the demigods tried to convince themselves that Ethan had probably meant a different mansion.

"Maybe Midas's mansion," Leo suggested.

"The Hunters burned it down while you were sailing to Greece," Thalia said unhappily.

Jason put his face in his pillow and muttered something that sounded like Solangelo. Nobody understood what he was talking about.

"Let's look at this rationally," Annabeth would say every hour. "I mean, shadow travelling to the Mansion of Night would be a lot of work, even for Nyx. It's all the way in......it's really far down. And what's the point of constantly going from the Chamber of Secrets to that place?"

***

After explaining to Dumbledore and Chiron what had happened, Dumbledore suggested that they look around the Chamber.

Glad for something to do, they did. Hermione figured out that you had to speak Parseltongue to open Salazar's mouth. The cave was ginormous.

It had to be, since a Basilisk had been living in there for centuries.

Once they lit their wands, they got thoroughly offended.

The room was luxurious.

A fluffy navy blue carpet covered the entire floor. Bunk beds with green blankets and black pillows. The fringes were either bronze or silver.

"How did they even do this?" Piper grumbled, resentfully kicking a pillow across the room.

"Dawn," Annabeth responded. "She and Isabell probably made the room like this. See? The carpet's blue. And the blankets are green."

"I despise them even more now," Percy said. "If that's even possible."

"You know what's strange?" Annabeth asked. "There's only six beds."

Leo snickered, "Maybe they shared...?"

Annabeth gave him a level 10 exasperated look, "These beds aren't even big enough, but I guess it would make sense if some of them slept on the floor. The rug's pretty comfy. It's still weird though."

***

After that, Dumbledore had let them listen in on the meeting. The room was already crowded with teachers, so only Annabeth, Percy, Jason, Harry, and Hermione went.

Kingsley Shacklebolt told them that Dawn and Isabell had been fully interrogated.

"So...are they on house arrest now?" Percy asked.

"No," the Minister responded.

"What?" Percy was aghast. "Don't tell me they got let off with a warning."

"No, no, nothing like that, I assure you. They are now residing Azkaban."

Percy choked on a lemon drop he had taken, "But they're like...seventeen."

"Eighteen, actually. The dementors had been removed, but it's still quite a bleak place."

"Oh."

Kingsley continued to explain. Dawn and Isabell had really planned on murdering students before Nyx even began influencing them. Dawn had always wanted to be the smartest in the school, but she was fine with Hermione getting more praise because Hermione never received any from Snape. Then he began treating the Gryffindors better, and that drew her over the line. Isabell bullied Moaning Myrtle into telling her the way to open the Chamber of Secrets, and their next task was to find a way to trap Hemera. They managed to figure out that Susan Bones was her daughter. When she saw an opportunity, Isabell trapped Susan. Dawn explained that every single day, Nyx chased Hemera around the earth in an attempt to catch up to her. Then Hemera came to help Susan, but she took too long, and Nyx caught up.