Part 7

A scream wakes me up and I rush to Belle's room, her body shaking in bed. I lift her onto me and she wakes up, crying into my neck. My arms hug her to me and wraps her arms around my neck, crying.

"Belle, princess, it was just a nightmare," I sooth, kissing her skin. She usually gets nightmares during thunderstorms, just like the one right now.

I get off her bed and carry her to the kitchen, retrieving a glass of water for her. But she refuses, only hugging me closer at the sound of thunder.

"Do you want to watch Mulan?" I ask, her head nodding through her tears. I walk to my room and let her rest on me while watching Mulan on the TV. I wipe her tears and kiss her forehead, her hands resting on my chest.

The next I look down at her, she's asleep and I keep her in my arms. But I become confused when I hear a knock on the door. Wanting Belle to be comfortable, I keep her cradled in my arms and walk to the door.

My eyebrows frown when I see Faye on the other side, drenched from the rain. I open the door and pull her inside, her make-up smeared beneath her eyes.

"I-I couldn't b-be at home," she shakes her head, my heart breaking as she begins to cry.

"Come in. Make yourself comfortable. Let me just put her down," I say, her head nodding. I walk to Belle's room, letting her curl into her sheets once again before I exit her room. I grab a few towels for Faye and walk out to her, her body shaking on a kitchen chair.

My hands wrap a towel around her and I wipe her cheeks of tears and rain, her eyes closing.

"My brother...had friends over. One started making advances...and I found myself very uncomfortable," she says, my head nodding.

"It's no problem. I was up, and I'll take care of you," I say, her eyes locking with mine.

As she calms down, I take her down the hall to my room. I hand her some clothes of mine, a tee and old drawstring pants, and she thanks me. All I do is nod, letting her change in the bathroom. While she changes, I wipe the water from the floor and lock the door again.

"Harry?" Faye calls, my feet walking to the hall to see her. She's in her own tank top but my drawstring pants are on her legs. They cover her feet on the floor.

"Are you comfortable? Do you need to dry your hair?" I ask.

"I'm good. Thank you," she says, my head nodding.

"You can go in there. I'll sleep on the couch," I tell her, her eyes widening up at me.

"No, no. This is your house. You take your bed," she says, my head shaking.

"I'm a gentleman, Faye. Take the bed," I say, walking closer to her.

"Harry, I came here at midnight. It's no big deal so ta-"

I cut her off when I stand above her, taking her cheek in my hand. She looks up at me, my heart pounding. Belle's words flow through my mind. 'But the prince is supposed to kiss the princess' she had said, Faye looking up at me.

"You're distracting me," she whispers, my eyes looking at her lips as she talks.

"How so?" I ask, her hand coming to my wrist.

"You're not wearing a shirt," she mumbles, my eyes looking to see that I'm not. I had forgotten to put one on and I hadn't even realized it.

"And you have a lot of tattoos," she breathes out, my eyes focusing on those lips again.

"Now you're distracting me," I whisper, her eyes looking at my lips now.

"In what way?" she asks quietly, almost breathlessly.